Corsair Community

HX 1000 Dual Connector Video Card Cables

Rylant

So I just recently bought a new system and the Power Supply is a HX 1000 and the Video Card is a Asus 2080 ti strix. The power cables for the video card that came with the HX 1000 are all dual connector power cables.

I would prefer to use 2 cables from the power supply to ensure that the video card has the necessary power. This means that both cables to the video card have a dangling dual connector not connected to anything hanging off of the side. This makes the aesthetics and cable management a little sloppy.

Does Corsair sell the 8 pin power cables that would be acceptable in this situation which do not have the dual connector? I have some old cables from an old EVGA power supply, but I heard that you shouldn't mix and match cables, so I don't want to do that.

Thanks,

Rylant

Yeah, don't mix and match cables, especially with your GPU. Just one switch ground/12V connector would be very, very, very, very, very bad news.

Take a look at the PSU cable compatibility matrix here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Then this should take you to the list: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/c/Cor_Products_Accessories_Parts?q=%3Afeatured%3AproductCategories%3ACor_Products_Accessories_Parts_PCComponents_PowerSupplies%3AaccessoryType%3APCIe+cable&text=&pageSize=12#rotatingText

So I just recently bought a new system and the Power Supply is a HX 1000 and the Video Card is a Asus 2080 ti strix. The power cables for the video card that came with the HX 1000 are all dual connector power cables.

I would prefer to use 2 cables from the power supply to ensure that the video card has the necessary power. This means that both cables to the video card have a dangling dual connector not connected to anything hanging off of the side. This makes the aesthetics and cable management a little sloppy.

Does Corsair sell the 8 pin power cables that would be acceptable in this situation which do not have the dual connector? I have some old cables from an old EVGA power supply, but I heard that you shouldn't mix and match cables, so I don't want to do that.

Thanks,

Rylant

You could just cut them off as it won't affect the cable in anyway except it wont have those anymore. Or get some from Cablemod as they have what you are looking for.