Corsair Community

Corsair AX1600i Titanium Cable Compatibility

jelome1989

Hello, I have an AX1200i and been planning to build a mining rig with the AX1600i. I'm thinking of using the spare PCIe cables of my AX1200i with the AX1600i.

Are they compatible? I did look at the PSU compatibility chart I would assume they both use either type 3 or 4? But this confuses me: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=175587

Says that only type 4 cables are compatible with AX1600i.

Edited by jelome1989

You should be fine, the real difference is simply the AX1600i has a few more connectors for cables

Given one cable has a 40A overload I figure each one can handle a video card by itself. Reason for dual cables is mostly due to less capable power supplies.

I would abandon mining as valuations are down considerably and there seems to be less interest

You should be fine, the real difference is simply the AX1600i has a few more connectors for cables

Given one cable has a 40A overload I figure each one can handle a video card by itself. Reason for dual cables is mostly due to less capable power supplies.

I would abandon mining as valuations are down considerably and there seems to be less interest

Thanks, I checked my AX1200i PCIe cables and it says something like RM/HX/AXi only so I'd assume it's compatible to the entire AXi line but just wanted to be sure, since the AX1600i is a new one.