Corsair Community

iCUE with Corsair Commander Pro & TT Riing compatibility?

dandyjay

Hey there, I just built my PC (his name is Frank) and I have 3 sets of unruly RGB parts. I have two sets of Thermaltake Riing 120mm case fans which are independently connected to their own RGB controller, which looks like this:

https://thermaltakeusa/hc/article_attachments/360003381393/Gen_1_Controller.jpg

Not only do these two sets not sync even on the exact same settings, but it has no RGB cable support for the RGB strip on the front of my case. Additionally, I recently purchased the Corsair H100i pro, which isn't synced with my fans either.

I hooked the two controllers into the H100i pro for the fan inputs, and I was hoping that somehow iCUE would be able to pick up on the RGB controllers and allow me to control them, but that is not the case. In fact, it doesn't even pick up on the fact there are 6 fans. Because there are only 2 controllers plugged into the H100i pro, it only thinks there are 2 fans.

My next idea to control all of the RGB in and on the surface of my case would be to purchase the Corsair Commander Pro, which is not very cheap for my current broke college boy budget. I'm wondering if my Thermaltake Riings will be able to have their RGB controlled by iCUE when plugged into the Commander Pro? I don't like the idea of having to buy 6 new case fans so that all of my RGB is linked, especially having to fully dedicate myself to one brand when the corsair RGB fans are double the price of the TT ones I had gotten. I know the commander will be able to control my case RGB strip and iCUE already is capable of controlling my cooler, so I'm not worried about those. I'm more so concerned if I decide to drop 60 odd some dollars on a controller, that I'll have to purchase all new fans as well.

Thanks for your help in advance, if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them to my knowledge, as this was my first ever build and I've only been studying up on this side of computers for the last 5 or 6 months.

Hey, hey!

No, iCUE cannot control the RGB of Thermaltake fans. Thermaltake fans are proprietary to their own controllers, just like iCUE fans are. Although, depending on the case and the fans, Thermaltake does support motherboard RGB software.

As you did not specify which Riing fans they are, or the specific case which the fans are included with, I'm unable to tell you exactly what works for you. If they are indeed the newer Riing versions, those only support Thermaltake's proprietary software iTake, with support for Razor Chroma, Amazon Alexa.

Here's a general breakdown.

- Riing Duo Series RGB works with Thermaltake RGB iTake software and Razor Chroma software.

- Riing Trio Series RGB works with Thermaltake RGB iTake software and Razor Chroma software.

- Riing Plus Series RGB works with Thermaltake RGB iTake software, Razor Chroma software, and Amazon Alexa.

- Ring 12 Series RGB works with your motherboard RGB software, and requires RGB headers on your motherboard.

https://www.thermaltake.com/Case_Fan/Case_Fan_/Riing/C_00003230/Riing_12_LED_RGB_Radiator_Fan_Sync_Edition_3_Fan_Pack_/design.htm

The link above is the only Thermaltake fans that will work with your motherboard RGB headers (12v).

In a nutshell, if you decide to continue to use your Thermaltake fans, you'll do so by controlling their lighting via Thermaltake's iTake RGB software (or your motherboard RGB software if they are Ring 12 Series fans). Your AIO is from Corsair, requires Corsair iCUE to control the RGB.

Sadly, this is the RGB landscape - everyone wants you to use their ecosystem.

Hope that helps!

Edited by PJH

ThermalTake has a control hub that lets you control the fans with Asus Aura/MSI Mystic Light. There is also a 3rd part adapter available that will let you control Asus Aura/MSI Mystic Light compatible RGB devices.

Put the two together and you should be able to do it.