The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Meantittes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991609
Meantittes Reputation: 10

Hey guys, i just stumbled across this thread while browsing reddit and wanted to share my experience with this problem. I have an h100i GTX which was doing this. Usb reconnect every couple minutes and an LED reset. Presenting near idle usually

I solved the issue by giving the fan header more voltage. In my case i give the fan header a full fixed 12v now, but i dont believe it took that much for the issue to go away.

No where in the corsair manual did it say anything about preferring 12v or how the 12v rail
Works inside the pump.

Hope this helps.

Edit- i have been informed in the reddit thread where i found this thread, that your model AIO does not require a fan header. I suggest compairing your USB voltage to others which do not have the issue. And if someone here feels froggy, maybe slightly increasing your usb voltage on that header. *warning- increasing usb voltage could damage your AIO, your MOBO, or both.

Last edited by Meantittes; 01-27-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:47 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991662
momorious Reputation: 10

Quick update from my end: I now have my 5th H115 Platinum unit and every of them has this USB disconnect. Need a 6th one because this one has other issues like a pink instead of white inner LED and dirt under the outer ring but I totallyy expect the 6th one to also have this USB disconnect issue...

Its absolutely safe to say this is not a hardware issue of the pumps itself (so you can relax, all your hardware is fine) but its for sure a software error within the iCUE software.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Tiwtin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991667
Tiwtin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Quick update from my end: I now have my 5th H115 Platinum unit and every of them has this USB disconnect. Need a 6th one because this one has other issues like a pink instead of white inner LED and dirt under the outer ring but I totallyy expect the 6th one to also have this USB disconnect issue...

Its absolutely safe to say this is not a hardware issue of the pumps itself (so you can relax, all your hardware is fine) but its for sure a software error within the iCUE software.
I'll be receiving my replacement today. I'll probably just end up returning it and use the one I have.

After reading through, I've changed my Pump and Fans to only have a static color, until this software issue is fixed. Have had no issues since doing this. Multiple games and USB Connect/Disconnect for different devices and everything works.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:27 PM
Mitchellwolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991681
Mitchellwolf Reputation: 10

New member here, interesting reading 2 say the least.
I've got a new rig, and I am getting this infuriating usb connect/disconnect problem as well.

I have the h150pro, corsair rgb ram, 7 ll120 rgb fans, commander pro and lighting node with icue installed.

About 75% of the time icue starts and does not show my pump or lighting node. 100% of the time I get the usb connect/disconnect problem.

If I uninstall icue, then reinstall it shows everything but the usb problem still happens.

It also seems to happen when using external usb devices as well.

Glad I found this thread, I was going to start ordering new parts.

I will set everything to a static colour and see how it goes.

What a bad situation this is!!!

Old 01-28-2019, 06:51 PM
cjm0987's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991691
cjm0987 Reputation: 10

H115i platinum here. Also having this issue. After repeated disconnects on boot up it smooths out over time. Waiting on a software fix because I really like this cooler and it's my first pc build (unrelated, I really hope they make a k95 wireless like the k63 wireless. I love my k63. Use it for the xbox).

Old 01-29-2019, 09:34 AM
larzstar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991750
larzstar Reputation: 10

Hi guys. Just here to say I've got the exact same problem as you all do.

I have a H100i RGB. Spent hours and hours debugging this, changing cables, removing software, BIOS settings and reinstalling windows. It was seriously driving me nuts. Very happy I found this thread and happy to read that Corsair is working on a fix for this ASAP.

This is a very serious issue and I'm on the fence whether to return this unit or not. I hope this can be resolved in the next release.

Also, information about this should be put up on your site so people are aware and don't have to spend hours on this for no use.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:42 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991751
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by larzstar View Post
Hi guys. Just here to say I've got the exact same problem as you all do.

I have a H100i RGB. Spent hours and hours debugging this, changing cables, removing software, BIOS settings and reinstalling windows. It was seriously driving me nuts. Very happy I found this thread and happy to read that Corsair is working on a fix for this ASAP.

This is a very serious issue and I'm on the fence whether to return this unit or not. I hope this can be resolved in the next release.

Also, information about this should be put up on your site so people are aware and don't have to spend hours on this for no use.
tbh, dont expect a fix for this at least until Eastern. Atm they have absolutely no clue what is causing the USB disconnects and testing a possible fix will take also a long time so.. yeah. I personally expect a fix for this around Eastern at the end of April or with the May iCUE release at the earliest.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:46 AM
larzstar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991870

That is very disappointing if that is true. Currently I have only static light configured. Problem fixed for now. Not getting what I paid for though.

In this case Corsair have a bug that is easily reproducible. Basically the dream of any developer when it comes to bugs. They have the sourcecode of iCue and the firmware to the pump. They now need to sit down in Visual Studio and debug the code. Unless there is some major complexity that I can't see I would say this is definitely fixable.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:19 AM
Mitchellwolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991875
Mitchellwolf Reputation: 10

Larzstar, can you get your pump to display the same static colour, all the time?
I set all my corsair hardware to a static colour then disabled icue, in start-up, however a few boots later my h150pro is back to rainbow.
Everything else is how I left it.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:33 PM

POST ID # = 991931
Lebenz Reputation: 10

Does this problem also affect our ability to control the fan speed/pump speed?
Is there an alternative way to control fan speed/pump speed outside of iCUE?
I have a H100i RGB platinum
I find that the fans are really too loud when at 100% load and I was hoping to just set them to 2000 fixed.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:41 PM
morganthomas757's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991932
morganthomas757 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebenz View Post
Does this problem also affect our ability to control the fan speed/pump speed?
Is there an alternative way to control fan speed/pump speed outside of iCUE?
I have a H100i RGB platinum
I find that the fans are really too loud when at 100% load and I was hoping to just set them to 2000 fixed.
I'm not sure there would be an external way of controlling the fans unless they were connected to a standard fans header, I don't believe you could control pump speed outside of iCue however.

I have to say that the continuous disconnects, even on static colour lighting setting, and even on no lighting at all is really starting to grind my gears. If they don't fix this problem soon I'll have no choice but to return my cooler and get a refund.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:34 PM
larzstar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchellwolf View Post
Larzstar, can you get your pump to display the same static colour, all the time?
I set all my corsair hardware to a static colour then disabled icue, in start-up, however a few boots later my h150pro is back to rainbow.
Everything else is how I left it.
I put static color white in iCue under both lighting effects and hardware lighting. If you quit iCue then the setting in hardware lighting will be used, if you run iCue then the lighting effect setting will be used. From a previous post here I got the understanding that you could actually run RGB effects on it given you configure it under hardware lighting and then quit iCue (and make sure it doesn't start again). The issue is moving RGB with iCue running.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:18 PM
D34DMetalPC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992017
D34DMetalPC Reputation: 10

Setting iCue to static lighting doesn't help when your pump doesn't even show up in the software.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:22 AM
nhasian480's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992059
nhasian480 Reputation: 10
Default different issue, start new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D34DMetalPC View Post
Setting iCue to static lighting doesn't help when your pump doesn't even show up in the software.
If your pump doesn't show up in the software then you are having a different issue altogether. It is not related to this iCue software bug.

Old 01-31-2019, 01:13 PM
D34DMetalPC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992066
D34DMetalPC Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhasian480 View Post
If your pump doesn't show up in the software then you are having a different issue altogether. It is not related to this iCue software bug.
My H115i Plat shows up in the "bluetooth and other devices" settings when I boot up my rig. Then it doesn't show up in iCue and it actively connects/disconnects the USB in a cycle.