Corsair Community

85.8 CPU should I be worried??

John Ranger

No it isnt your CPU.

Your CPU temp is to the right of the pump RPM. There you see i7 2600k Temp, which is 25.8

Thats pretty normal.

The temp 85.8 referring to ASUSTek Motherboard, is a Component or temp sensor on the motherboard. Try to deduce which temp sensor this is, since 85.8 is fatally high. Propably it is northbridge or southbridge that have gone haywire.

Check that you have adequate airflow across the motherboard. If you have got loose thermistors that can be connected to sensor headers on the motherboard, try connecting a thermistor to any unpopulated thermistor connectors and see if the high temp go away. If the high temp go away, the high temp might just be that "no thermistor is connected" and you can safely ignore the 85 C Reading.

Check your motherboard manual, and also check in the BIOS, to find out WHAT is reporting 85 C.

I expect the 85.8°C and suspect the 55.8°C should not be reported at all. These come from possible inputs to the Nuvoton W83627DHG monitoring chip, but are not connected/used on many motherboards. I would check what HWM (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) reports and if that also reports these unexpected values and if so report it as an issue to the CPUID guys. They may fix it and as CL uses the CPUID SDK if they do they should be removed from a future release of CL.

Thank you for all that info. I do not have SIV but will get it and post the results.

Hi John, Thank you. I have had a quick look and noticed the system is different to your PC Specs so it would be good if you updated these, though what I said is still the situation.

Rather than paste the text into the posts you need to use the advanced [Manage Attachments] facility to upload the text files. The information in the HWM save file is not ideal as it only dumps some of the NCT6776 registers and what I need to look at is missing.

I can see you got SIV but I need the file generated by doing Menu->File->Save Selected, pressing [Clear All], selecting the [overview] + [pmb] + [sensors] + [link-status] + [link-devices] + [cpuid] + [gpu-info] + [smb-bus] + [pmb-bus] + [embedded] + [io-mmio] + [hw-status] + [cooling] + [smb-end] sections and finally pressing [start] - see below. Note [embedded] will only be offered for some ASUS motherboards.

It's probably easier if you do Menu->File->Save Local and then e-mail the two full save files to siv@rh-software.com as they will contain everything I could possibly need to check. Pressing [Minimal] on Save Selected is also good. Some feel this is too much information to send to me though and I probably only need the sections I specified. You may find the SIV Guide helpful.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24031&stc=1&d=1453610317

650342534_SaveSelected.thumb.png.7fea63665ae5b3e628b4cac220047867.png

Archived