Corsair Community

Is the 500w PSW pinout the same as the Corsair 600w SFX?

mnetting

Hello All,

Not sure if anyone has verified this on their own or if someone from Corsair can comment but I'm trying to confirm whether the modular cables for the 500w SFX PSU in the Corsair one are the same as the modular cables that come with the individually purchasable Corsair 600w SFX PSU.

I know the 450w and 600w you can buy on their own are compatible and I believe the Gold and Platinum versions are even compatible but I don't know about this 500w one.

If anyone knows or can find out please update me.

Thanks.

I've got a Corsair one that is out of warranty with a bad power supply that needs to be replaced. If the modular cables used with the 500w PSU have the same pinout as the separately available 600w on the PSU connection end of things that should allow me to use the same cables and nice fancy cable routing that is already in place and saves me the time of having to get out the multimeter to measure all the connections.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a Corsair one that is out of warranty with a bad power supply that needs to be replaced. If the modular cables used with the 500w PSU have the same pinout as the separately available 600w on the PSU connection end of things that should allow me to use the same cables and nice fancy cable routing that is already in place and saves me the time of having to get out the multimeter to measure all the connections.

Please share your experience when this is done. Thank you.

The process was actually very easy. Just pop off the side of the case, undo 4 screws for the PSU and disconnect the cables. The hardest part I would say is getting the cables back in as they are all zipped tied and routed fairly specifically but still very easy.

Excellent I think I am going to do the same with mine.

Bought a used Corsair one off Ebay.co.uk.

The 2tb storage HDD was not working properly causing slow loading and odd freeezes so I changed that to an old SSD.

Mine is noisy but not awful and (1080 GTX version) the only annoying noise is definitely coming from the PSU at mid range loads. It's a fast paced ticking that I can't ignore, unlike the white noise from the pumps and top fan.

I think the original is only 400W even though you can only purchase 450W or 600W. I'm going to buy the SF600 just not sure whether to pay a bit more for the newer platinum version. Any opinions, I want it as silent as possible.

Other than the louder than expected noise this system is perfect for me

• 2 weeks later...

The platinum version of the 600w isn't really very different from the gold version overall so I would probably save money and get the gold, which is what I happened to have on hand so it's what I used actually.

The other thing I need to test with the PSU is flipping it so the fan faces the radiator and outside of the case rather then the back of the GPU. This might provide more and cooler air which should ideally mean less fan use on the PSU. Right now it's the main noise maker in my system even more so than the blower fan on the GPU. Sure would have been nice if the GPU had a full cover block on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was tempted to just get the gold and save £15 but ended up buying the new platinum.

Very easy to install 30 min job which included taking both side panels off to clean the GPU fan. The PSU is a 1:1 swap and takes 5-10 mins.

The new SF600 PSU has solved all the irritating noise I was getting from my pro. The clicking as it cooled down from high loads was especially annoying. Now all I hear is the gentle hum of the water cooling pumps and the whoosh of the main fan, both of these noises are not unpleasant although still not silent. It is now the unit I wanted when I bought it.

Archived