Corsair Community

My new Padlock 2 16GB is not recognized

Heurv

I just bought a Padlock 2 16GB and when I plug it to the computer (Laptop or Deskop), it is not recognized by Windows x64 (7, 8.1 and 10). Windows tries to install a driver that it can't find and the flash drive appears as "Unknown device" in the Device Manager and it doesn't appear in Windows explorer.

All my computers and OS are up to date.

What can I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here.

After the "Key-0/1 + 911 + Key" sequence I get the green light.

However, when plugged in, the blue light comes on but slowly fades out before coming on again.

The blue light continues to turn slowly go on and off (takes about five second).

I left it plugged it in over night, but that didn't help. So maybe not (just) dead battery.

The Win7 device manager shows an unknown USB device. As it is unknown no driver can be found.

Suggestions most welcome.

[TaSK]

I would just contact your retailer and see if they can replace it for you. It's possibly the drive is DOA.

You can look into this as well and see if it helps as well.

http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windows-8-and-intel-usb-3-0-host-controllers

If your retailer does not accept an exchange/replacement or offers to replace your drive via their distributor, request an RMA via Corsair directly instead.

We are having this same issue at our company. The problem seems to have appeared last week. We have a fleet of 32GB Padlock flash drives which are no longer recognized when plugged into any company computer.

I have opened a ticket with Corsair. We're looking to see if one of the November Windows Updates might be the cause of the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived