Corsair Community

Can't fit h100i into mini itx 250d case - motherboard blocking

Hey guys,

I'm completing my first 'from scratch' build and have run into some trouble fitting the h100i into my corsair 250d mini itx case. Unfortunately my Gigabyte z97 mini itx motherboard has a WiFi port and a bit sticking out near the pump which means I am unable to mount the h100i on the side of the case as intended. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations? Is there an alternative mounting position that could work? I tried turning it upside down so that the pump was at the front of the case, but I ran into similar issues with the included front fan.

I'm very new to all this, so I'd really appreciate any advice - about my specific issues or cooling in general! I've been looking to mount so that fans push air through radiator, into case, but are there any alternative configurations that would be preferable? I doubt any of them will solve my main issue, of course, which is fitting the damn thing!

Thanks

V

Could u take a pic ? I don't see anything on the z97 mini itx boards that would prevent installation.

Thanks for the reply. Will do! I'll post a pic and video when I'm back from work this evening that details the issue. Hopefully it's just me being stupid!

Yes! Almost. Mine's the Z97 version, but it seems like the restricting parts are in the same place.

I'm uploading pics - Here's a quick snap shot. As you see, on the top right, which is where the pump needs to go, the rear usb port/other ports are blocking it. (note, in this image I have the h100i placed so that the pump is on the front of the case, but that's causing problems with the front fan. http://1drv.ms/1ouxFur http://1drv.ms/1ouxFur and http://1drv.ms/1wTw2Rj

I was looking again at possible alternatives... it looks like I might be able to just about make enough room if I change the fans and place them on the rear of the radiator, so that they are closer to the motherboard. In that case I would be operating a PULL intake. If this works, would it be a viable cooling option? How does it compare performance wise. Any potential issues?

Thanks all!

Okay, I changed the fans to pull intake and that allowed just enough room for the pump to scrape by. It's tight though! Hopefully all will run well. I don't even have a monitor to plug the computer into yet.

Another question! I have a fan left over that came with the 250D case - I had to remove it to fit the H100i. I still have the intake fan on the front. Should I do anything with the leftover fan? Would it be wise to mount as exhaust at rear or should I just leave it?

I don't have a GPU yet. Hoping to get either a r9 290 or a cheap deal on a gtx 770/780

Thanks again for all the help

Archived