Corsair Community

H100i Platinum fans vs ML pro rgb

ahasvold

Hello. Would appreciate some help on this😊

On the H100i Platinum it says the fans will do 2400rpm. But the specs on the ML Pro RGB120mm fans are rated 1600rpm. Are the cooler fans special or are they the same? Thinking of buying a pair for a H100i Pro cooler.

yes the cooler Fans have a higher speed rating buddy.. but most of us have changed our fans to ML/LL or HD RGB fans and survive just nicely...

to add.

Corsair have recently released some White LL fans that have a higher speed rating also..

yes the cooler Fans have a higher speed rating buddy.. but most of us have changed our fans to ML/LL or HD RGB fans and survive just nicely...

to add.

Corsair have recently released some White LL fans that have a higher speed rating also..

Thank you for your answer😊

So the 1600 rpm Ml pro rgb will be sufficient for the H100i pro cooler? I already have 3 Ml pro rgb fans in my case. So i really want to keep it that way.

Swapping cooler because of the usb disconnecting oroblem.

It is exactly the same fan, but with a higher maximum speed. If you set them both to 1200 rpm, they will move the same amount of air. 1500-1600 rpm is pretty much my maximum tolerated speed on a 120mm. If you have a bank vault like case, perhaps you can handle more, but the fluffier statistical values will only apply at the maximum 2400 rpm. That's pretty loud for in room use.

I would not decide on the Platinum vs Pro based on fan speed. You likely will always use them below 1600 rpm for both coolers. The Platinum is more expensive, but comes with RGB fans, a more exotic light display on the pump, and a redesigned cold plate. It is also capable of functioning as an RGB controller for the pump and 2 fans, if you don't already have a LNP/Commander pro in your case plus RGB fans. The Pro cooler is less expensive in comparison without RGB fans. It also has a very quiet 1100 rpm pump for those that get annoyed by any sound coming from the case.

It is exactly the same fan, but with a higher maximum speed. If you set them both to 1200 rpm, they will move the same amount of air. 1500-1600 rpm is pretty much my maximum tolerated speed on a 120mm. If you have a bank vault like case, perhaps you can handle more, but the fluffier statistical values will only apply at the maximum 2400 rpm. That's pretty loud for in room use.

I would not decide on the Platinum vs Pro based on fan speed. You likely will always use them below 1600 rpm for both coolers. The Platinum is more expensive, but comes with RGB fans, a more exotic light display on the pump, and a redesigned cold plate. It is also capable of functioning as an RGB controller for the pump and 2 fans, if you don't already have a LNP/Commander pro in your case plus RGB fans. The Pro cooler is less expensive in comparison without RGB fans. It also has a very quiet 1100 rpm pump for those that get annoyed by any sound coming from the case.

Thank you for your answer.

I do have the H100i Platinum now. I want to return it because it has usb disconnecting issues. Causing icue to stop and heating my system up. Swapping for the H100i pro and i will not have these issues. It is a software issue corsair has been unable to fix for the last 4 months.

I do have a commander pro. And now that you mention it i do not use my platinum fans over 1400rpm. So 1600 with the ml pro fans will do just fine😊

Archived