Corsair Community

Controlling Phanteks Evolv X RGB with ICUE

daniaal

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to connect the Phanteks evolv x to the commander pro or RGB hub so that i can control RGB on the case. Currently i know that i can plug the D-RGB connector to my motherboard and because i have an Asus x470 mobo i can control it using ASUS aura. But it would be nice to have one place to control it all.

Link to manual - go to page 22 to see info about the D-RGB:

http://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-ES518XTG.pdf

ah my bad the case comes with a D-RGB Motherboard adapter

caY4H5e.png

So then this would plug into the adapter you listed which would then plug into the RGB hub.

And am i right in saying i cannot have 1 ll120 and then the adapter plugged into the RGB hub as they all have to be the same?

The adapter plugs into the the Lighting Node Pro, not the RGB Fan Hub. So you'd have the LL fan on a fan hub and then connected to a separate lighting channel.

Question: Do you know how many LEDs are on that case? It's also possible that I could swap the connectors out for you. The one limitation is that it'd have to be in the final position on the fan hub ... so, if you have 3 fans on the fan hub, the fans would need to be in positions 1-3 and the modified adapter would be in position 4.

I can confirm that the Evolv X lighting can be controlled by that PirateDog adapter. I'm using it right now.

It does take up an entire port on my Commander Pro, so it's a little expensive in slots, but it works seamlessly, so I'd call this experiment a success.

hplovescats

• 3 months later...

Hey BP7178

Thanks for the feedback .. Did you get the adaptor in Daniaal's post?i currently have 3 x LL120's, and in an Evolv Xwould use them on an H100i platinum and as exhaust. If you set up the Phanteks RGB as LL's, does that work down the side strip as well as the front?

Dont suppose you play Far Cry 5? If so, does the Corsair SDK work on the Phanteks RGB?

Archived