Corsair Community

Another AX860i bites the dust

IronCrossMac

I bought an AX860i on Craigslist a short while ago. It was a Certified Refurbished model that had been received by the seller, but never used since he had already replaced his PSU with another one. I didn't get around to installing it until early January. I only used the hardware provided to install it in my Obsidian 500D SE case (a whole other Corsair fiasco). Everything was working well enough until today.

Now it's presenting the never ending boot issue. I removed and reseated the 24 pin connectors to my motherboard and to the PSU itself and tried it again. It seemed to work until of course it didn't. Then I read more about it and removed the screw nearest the power cable, and it worked until it didn't. I'm at my wit's end. I can't RMA it since it was a second hand purchase that was already supplied as an RMA. Is there anything else I can do on my end to correct the issue? If not, I'm taking it to the range and shooting it.

I really hate thinking about buying more Corsair products at this point, but does the rest of the AX line have these issues? I have so many Corsair products already, I feel like I should just roll the dice and get a new Corsair PSU so I can at least RMA it if there's an issue.

My system specs are listed in my profile, but if more info is needed I'll be happy to provide it if it helps.

This issue seems to be isolated to the AX760i and AX860i from what i have read.

you can try tugging(without disconnecting) all the DC connections on the power supply and see if this might help, there was another issue, that when plugging in the Cables, if you push too hard it pushes the connector board into some caps, this was fixed in later batch but know one knows what batch codes to look for.

Archived