Corsair Community

H100i - now the LED's are all OFF

MacNB

Having bought one of the first H100i since November 2012 and lived with the the Grinding fans, Loud idle speed fan noise, pump noises, inability to control the LED colours, and now.... the LED's have completely turned off.

And can no longer use CL to communicate with the pump (yes I tried all the usual tips/tricks to connect with the pump).

Waited over 3 months to fix some of the issues which I am OK with but how much longer now before I can get a replacement ?

Having bought one of the first H100i since November 2012 and lived with the the Grinding fans, Loud idle speed fan noise, pump noises, inability to control the LED colours, and now.... the LED's have completely turned off.

And can no longer use CL to communicate with the pump (yes I tried all the usual tips/tricks to connect with the pump).

Waited over 3 months to fix some of the issues which I am OK with but how much longer now before I can get a replacement ?

Hey MacNB,

i have the same issue since december...just the red led doesn't works but it is the one I need cux my rig is all red...lol.

I solved switching off all leds and it is really better than see blue or green color.

One important thing I just want to tell you is about river of tehorical words said by gurus here...I changed fans with 2 insignificant Alpenfohn 120mm PWM (made in Germany) black and white serie....69,20cfm at 1500rpm with 19,7db of noise and no air pressure details...I just liked them for nice looking and bought them.

When installed I straight felt that the air pushed out from rad (I have the H100i only in push) was the half compared to the stock fans but believe me that they make nearly no noise and the temperature compared to the same applications used before (like games) droped down between 3 and 5 celsius degrees.

Conclusions: NO MATTER about air pressure like gurus here are talking about (take a look at the new H110...it has 1,xx air pressure)

NO MATTER about 2500rpm....better to have 70cfm at 1500rpm than 90 at 2500rpm.

Don't rma you wouldn't solve anything, just switch off leds and change stock fans with some nice looking and over 60cfm PWM fan and you will enjoy it anyway. Consider that i have Accelero Hybrid 7970 as VGA cooler and it mounts Arctic Cooling F12 CO PWM as stock fan (74cfm - 1500rpm - 20db) It works really great and temp of my HD7950 never goes over 45 degrees in a heavy games. The price of those fantastic fans is around 8-10 USD - 6-8 EUR.

You may check my rig here:

This vid was made when Corsair stock fans were still mounted..I will update it with the 2 alpenfohn fans and some other upgrades.

Conte,

Thanks for the tips and alternate fans.

Problem is that I cannot "talk" to the pump to change anything.

The USB i/f is dead and the fact that the pump is making a noise points towards further problems.

At the moment, budget does not allow purchase of new alternate fans.

Conte,

Thanks for the tips and alternate fans.

Problem is that I cannot "talk" to the pump to change anything.

The USB i/f is dead and the fact that the pump is making a noise points towards further problems.

At the moment, budget does not allow purchase of new alternate fans.

...yup...rma asap then...and try asking them to have a h110 instead so you may wouldn't have problems anymore....

H100i is the rubbish product of Corsair

...yup...rma asap then...and try asking them to have a h110 instead so you may wouldn't have problems anymore....

H100i is the rubbish product of Corsair

That's exactly what I did yesterday morning...

Advance RMA'd a 100i for a 110 and agreed to pay the difference.

I'm not so sure the H100i is "total" rubbish...When CL, LED's and Pump Fan

connections are ignored/not used, it makes a better H100 than the original H100, imho. I just think, Coolit and Corsair got way to fancy with the H100i. The H100i that I'm returning still cools great, though it's noisy and the pump LED's are now dim and discolored.

The H100i is not totally rubbish...just released a little too early...needs to be finished development wise.

The H110 is too big more my case. Also, there's not enough info about how/if it can control the fans, noise, etc. Maybe for my next project.

Maybe Corsair needs to release an H105...same pump as H110 but with the rad from the H100i...and no fancy LED's, USB, etc

But for now I would just like my issues to be solved....just need corsair to say so.

The H100i is not totally rubbish...just released a little too early...needs to be finished development wise.

i not so sure,i think their biggest challenge is getting their coolers ''happy'' with every software/hardware configeration

their gonna have a small percentage that will crop up,its only normal with any product.

• Corsair Employee
RAM Guy can you confirm if this is true? Are any of the electronics or leds been replaced on the newer batch?

The only change that we made is the fans, from 3pin to PWM 4pin. Just to be clear, the electronic parts in the cooler including the LEDs are fine, this issue has nothing to do with the hardware in the pump but it is more on a FW fix is on its final stages and once ready, we will release them to the public.

Archived