Corsair Community

GPU reaches up to 30 percent use with the Corsar link program opened

Gphish

Hey im trying to get temps to adjust however I use 580 gtx in tri sli and use EVGA Precision. I try to adjust temps with the probes sandwhiched in and on top of the gpu's. When the Software window is open I see 15 to 30 perecnt use of GPU via G-19 LCD display. So it uses hiugh gpu untilization for some reason and in turn I have to play way to much with the settings. Im going on my 10 th hour of reading and tweaking and learning thingds I dont want to learn, just to use a cooling solutiuon. I want to give it a chance. I would like to see the ability to monitor the corsair software via phone app or Logitech applet. Can you make a software to adjust the fan speeds for nvidia g110 cards? For God sakes, Nvidia has 3 seprate heat/fan or whatever you call it, controllers on the board for GPU sellers to add a program to controll these things. For example my 580's are the ******** but I use EVGA Precision to control speeds and clocks.

for complete solutiuon I need to see the temps and adjust in real time via software or hardware when playing games or whatever. Until then I cant stop using my other cooling solution. Corsair cooling kit with lights 139.00, h100 100.00, two AIR Pro's 50 bucks each, 32 Gb GT Ram 500 bucks Obsidian 800D 300.00. 10 plus hours of research = priceless( because I cant get it back)

Can you help me to see the vaue in my investment? They all dont even work togther yet. Please understand I may be being to direct here, but this is alot of money. This could be a Morgage payment for some you know?

can I suggest a better Instuctions set up soon? Or at least have all documentation in one source.

Also an eta on the extra cables? Airpro cables are to short to use if you have to mount it diffrently IE X79 MB's because some have 2 sets of dimms. Just to let you know the conmand links on the ram are opposite of one and another on the dimms.So one air pro needed to be modified (voided warranty ) mounted upside down, how getto is that? PS I voided the warranty by cutting off 3/4 of the plastic guard that wasnt guarding the conection plugins

No, I dont all fans are plugged into corsair. No additional fans pluged into the motherboard. My primary other solution is my NZXT Sentry dual bay hardware/thermo sensor's.

What about the other stuff? You only had one question? no statements, no other comments or empathy huh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also have the same problem with high GPU usage when the Corsair Link window is open. My first GPU goes up to 80% usage (which causes it to heat up to 55-60 degrees Celcius), and my second GPU goes up to 30% usage. As soon as I close the window, GPU usage goes down to 0-5%.

The GUI looks/works nicely, but it shouldn't have such high GPU usage for a 2D program.

• Corsair Employee

We are looking into this but I suspect it be miss reading for some reason.

However, I just used GPU-Z and did not see any issue with that application, so what are you using to measure the GPU utilization?

We are looking into this but I suspect it be miss reading for some reason.

However, I just used GPU-Z and did not see any issue with that application, so what are you using to measure the GPU utilization?

I just tested it a little more. Sometimes my video card will go to max clock speeds, and GPU utilization hovers around 40%. Otherwise, the clock speeds will stay at a lower clock, and GPU utilization goes up to 80%. Either way, my video card heats up by at least 10 degrees Celcius. This only happens when the Corsair Link program is the active window (minimizing or clicking in another window causes the GPU utilization to go back down).

I was originally using Evga Precision X. I just checked it with GPU-Z, and it gave me the same readings.

• Corsair Employee
We are looking into this but I have GTX 275 running on a Gigabyte X58 UD3 MB with 12 Gig of memory and while I see spikes up to 16% it hovers about 2-4% GPU utilization. I do see these same spikes randomly when using a number of different applications. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1 and the Video version I have loaded is 8.17.12.7533. Corsair Link Version is 1.2.5.0 FW 1.9 Cooling Node FW 1.1.12.

I figured out the cause of high GPU usage. It only happens when you have disconnected device, and it starts flashing red. One of my hard drives occasionally shows up and disappears, so deleting the device solved the problem for me.

• Corsair Employee
After some investigation this is something that is known and some Video cards will show a higher usage than others but it happens because the images to report the status are constantly being redrawn.

I didnt think much of this till it was mentioned now, but I do remember 1 of my 3 cards was higher, by about 15 deg. I only remember because I tried to adjust sapce between cards to allow more air flow. I cannot say for certain that it is linked with the commander software, I never double checked.:sigh!:

actually true and not true, depends if I have monitors on usually I have 4 of 6 on so then I would not have a primary, being that both are being used at same time or all 6, (soon to be 8 lol) and if they are in SLI link mode, there shouldn't be a primary depending on which monitor im working on. If I had 2 graphics cards and one monitor then yes there would be a primary, but in my case that is not the case, but your more then welcome to prove me wrong, I might just learn a thing or two, who knows. :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee

robandcathy

Proving someone wrong is not my goal here and it has never been that way, I am sorry that is what you feel or see. But that is not the case; let's get that straight up front...

And obviously I personally have not tested every possible combination not sure anyone could. But I will take your comments as an observation and noted.

When using multiple Video cards with multiple monitors I would expect to see the VIDEO demand higher on the Video card and monitor that is displaying the Link console. However that scenario has not been tested and it is not the common setup.

I simply meant it as a figure of speech that you could possibly provide me with some additional insight, to something I may not have known or have not ran across. I was a bit ignorant and premature with my statement, I just take my setup for granted, forgetting that most have 1 video card. I can not imagine that powerful video cards would spike that much, seeing that it is a simple image that is redrawn, I mean nothing fancy what so ever, watching blu rays I have a 4% increase, but at same time I guess it will vary from card to card and each cards capabilities. ;):

• Corsair Employee
I would tend to agree with your last statement as I was surprised it was that high on some Video cards; but it is the Video GPU that is used that is going to determine the usage needed. Someone who develops Video cards can maybe explain it better than I could but it is basically how the Video draws line's, graphs and images. And they way Nvidia approaches these tasks is slightly different than the way ATI would approach the task so it stands to reason the different GPU's even from the same manufacturer that are made with a different core of GPU would display slightly different behavior. And I think that a card made to work with say 3D Modeling like 3D Auto Cad would not work as hard to display this type of information than say a Video card that is optimized to display High frame rates of a Video or Movie.

Archived