Corsair Community

Hi i was plaining on getting Corsair Dominator Platinum

ImtheBest

First i not sure what type of Motherboards supports these. Thought to myself that only 1150 motherboards support them. then i saw at newegg somebody with 1155 broad with it in.

Here's the persons for example. hmmm i find the Cons Funny lol i think he overclocked it to much maybe

Amazingly stable when overclocking

Pros: Beautifully simple design with lights that aren't overly bright. Top part of heatsink can be removed to fit under large CPU coolers. Overclocks extremely well...almost too well. (See other thoughts)

Cons: Very unstable at stock speed. My PC freezes every time I run a stress test.

Other Thoughts: I have never had a problem with Corsair memory and as such is the reason I chose this. I am kind of disappointed that it's unstable at stock speed, although I planned on overclocking this memory anyway. If you want to overclock the heck out of memory then this is for you, but if you don't then stay away.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Intel i5-3570K @4.4GHz

OCZ750FTY 750W modular PSU

Cooler Master CM690 Advanced II USB3.0

Corsair Dominator Platinum:

2400MHz @ 1.585V (11-13-13-31-2T)

EVGA GTX 760 SC (02G-P4-2765-KR)

Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB SATA III SSD

Anyway back to me with that being said

Can i run the Corsair Dominator Platinum on AsRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard

http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/z77%20oc%20formula/

Thank u

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Off the top of my head I can't think of any DDR3 modules that are incompatible with any DDR3 motherboards / CPU combos (putting aside memory controller limitations that is). Seeing that your existing memory is CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B, a Dominator Platinum version of the same kit (CMD8GX3M2A1866C9) would work just fine.

In other words - it's compatible.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any DDR3 modules that are incompatible with any DDR3 motherboards / CPU combos (putting aside memory controller limitations that is). Seeing that your existing memory is CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B, a Dominator Platinum version of the same kit (CMD8GX3M2A1866C9) would work just fine.

In other words - it's compatible.

Where did u get that from now u confusing me

(CMD8GX3M2A1866C9)

CMD8GX3M2A1600C7 - is a 2x4GB DDR3-1600 kit with timings of 7-8-8-24 at 1.50V.

CMD8GX3M2A2400C11 - is a 2x4GB DDR3-2400 kit with timings of 11-13-13-31 at 1.65V.

CMD16GX3M2A2133C9 - is a 2x8GB DDR3-2133 kit with timings of 9-11-11-31 at 1.65V.

All three kits are from the Dominator Platinum series, so thats what they have in common, apart from being DDR3 kits of course =)

CMD16GX3M2A2133C9 - is a 2x8GB DDR3-2133 kit with timings of 9-11-11-31 at 1.65V.

All three kits are from the Dominator Platinum series, so thats what they have in common, apart from being DDR3 kits of course =)

Based on your system specs in your dropdown, this kit is the one I would choose if it was my rig. ::pirate::

YA i know That!

You were asking whats the difference between them just one post ago?

First entry in search engine, there it is: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-with-corsair-link-connector-1-5v-16-gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmd16gx3m2a1600c9

The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 has a kinda mixed reputation for compatibility with faster kits, so staying below DDR3-2400 might not be a bad idea. I'd also recommend a DDR3-2133 kit, either a 2x4GB or a 2x8GB one, depending upon how much memory you actually need. If you want to replace a 2x4GB kit, then going for 2x8GB probably makes more sense.

You were asking whats the difference between them just one post ago?

First entry in search engine, there it is: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-with-corsair-link-connector-1-5v-16-gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmd16gx3m2a1600c9

The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 has a kinda mixed reputation for compatibility with faster kits, so staying below DDR3-2400 might not be a bad idea. I'd also recommend a DDR3-2133 kit, either a 2x4GB or a 2x8GB one, depending upon how much memory you actually need. If you want to replace a 2x4GB kit, then going for 2x8GB probably makes more sense.

So which one should i get u make no sense to me. can u paste the links of which one i should get please

Are you actually reading what you post? You've already given me this part number and linked to it. I'm confused....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233401&cm_re=Corsair_Dominator_Platinum-_-20-233-401-_-Product

So which kit do u think i should get. why u put new egg link up. i thought u meant a kit from Corsair

I'm confused too :(:

:confused:^^^Do you remember posting this link above^^^??? :confused:

I posted the Newegg link that you posted earlier. You can buy it from any retailer you like or buy it off of our site directly.

Any of the recommended kits will work in your Z77 based board. I think you'll get the best bang per buck with the kit I just recommended above.

Which one are u saying to get please tell me

Based on your system specs in your dropdown, this kit is the one I would choose if it was my rig. ::pirate::

I don't know which one u where talking about there for my bang

I am at a complete loss as to where the disconnect is here. I've repeatedly indicated a part number (see post # 11) and verified with YOUR link from Newegg (see post #22). You asked for my recommendation. I've given it multiple times with multiple verifications.

CMD16GX3M2A2133C9 is my recommendation.

I do not know how to state it any more clear than this.

Archived