Corsair Community

New Performance 3 SSD Series (SATA III)

Wired

http://www.corsair.com/solid-state-drives/performance-3-series.html

Performance 3 Series solid-state drives combine the latest Marvell controller and supercharged synchronous NAND to eliminate bottlenecks and provide the serious 6Gbps SATA III bandwidth you need for cutting edge video and graphics

Corsair Performance 3 Series SSDs offer more robust background garbage collection for consistent read and write speeds from day 1 to day 101.

Sandybridge Press Release

based on the Marvell 9174 controller and designed to take full advantage of the SATA 6Gbps (SATA Revision 3.0) support native to the new Intel chipsets

full support for the TRIM command and background garbage collection

Performance 3 Series SSDs are expected to be available in late January 2011.

Sequential Read/Write (using ATTO Disk Benchmark) up to:

[TABLE=head]Model|Read|Write

P3-64|365 MB/s|110 MB/s

P3-128|410 MB/s|210 MB/s

P3-256|480 MB/s|320 MB/s[/TABLE]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
The way I figure it, I'm not going to pay any premium for an SSD and then be constantly worrying about running out of space. Pay now or pay later basically. Anyway, received the drive today. Psyched to get it cloned over.

The way I figure it, I'm not going to pay any premium for an SSD and then be constantly worrying about running out of space. Pay now or pay later basically. Anyway, received the drive today. Psyched to get it cloned over.

Very true if money is not an issue. However, I have only a fixed amount of cash to spend so I must compromise and get the 128 gig drive. Trust me if I could afford the 256 gig drive I would buy it. NewEgg decided to increase the price of the 256 gig drive to $659

I cannot believe NE just upped the price from $599 to $650! Very disappointed. $599 was pushing the limit, that extra $50 will make me look elsewhere for a 256MB drive. Short sighted move.

Lol, NE went up agian, it is now $699

Then again, you might want to wait. My P3-256 came DOA. Would not initialize in PC or Mac or anywhere. kept saying i/o error, can't allocate memory when trying to initialize or format etc. :mad:

Too late I already ordered it and it will arrive today. It should have been delivered yesterday but the snow delayed my delivery. I will let you know how my drive works out 128 gig. Sorry to hear yours was DOA.

Just got my P3-256 as a replacement for an impossible to configure Ibis drive (NewEgg is great). This is my first SSD and I'm terrified of screwin' something up. The system is currently running/booting on an older set of (4) Raptor platter drives in RAID 0. What would be the simplest way to install the neww SSD and copy/clone the RAID info onto the new drive, or should I just start from scratch? Acronis, et al, or is there a simpler way? Also loaded newest Marvel drivers for my SATA3 controller but have read cautions on using. Any comment?

Archived