Corsair Community

Force Series F120 - Firmware

billybob123

i have a brand new cssd-f120gb2-brkt from newegg.com yesterday

crystal disk info shows this drive is running firmware 1.0, your website

mentions that it should be upto at least 3.1.0. Second my Lenovo T61p will

not boot windows xp in AHCI disk mode only in compatibility mode.

which hdtune only shows this drive capable of about 100MB/sec.

how do i get the newest firmware and will this fix the issue with AHCI ?

Where do you see a firmware number mentioned on the website? Also, 1.0 is a Corsair designation whereas 3.1.0 is a designation from SandForce. There is only one firmware for this drive currently, and it's already on the drive itself.

Where do you see a firmware number mentioned on the website? Also, 1.0 is a Corsair designation whereas 3.1.0 is a designation from SandForce. There is only one firmware for this drive currently, and it's already on the drive itself.

I have one of these drives arriving friday. Does the Corsair firmware 1.0 for these have the random write soft cap(nerf)? Or iops or whatever it's called.

shaddix: Like I said, I have no idea what you're talking about. That cannot be construed as an answer to your question.

What happened to that big thing about sandforce giving special firmware to that one manufacturer, and Corsair using a modified version of the release candidate firmware in order to bypass the artificial cap on IOPs. So from what I understood, only Corsair and one other manufacturer had fully functional SF-1200 controllers. I was wondering if Corsair had moved on to the mass production firmware that has the artificial cap on IOPs for everyone except the manufacturer who shall not be named o.ob

• Corsair Employee
billybob123 and any one posting in reference to his question, the ATTO results may suggest that your system is limited to S-ATA-1; I would suggest testing the drive with ATTO on a known working system to be sure but many NB manufacturers have capp'ed the S-ATA to S-ATA1; I would suggest testing the drive on a known working system with ATTO to verify and then contact the respective system builder .

Hi, I can only imagine that the bottleneck IS the sata stuff in your laptop. I attached an image of my latest atto benchmark, F120 Corsair FW 1.0. I simply launched the app and hit START. The overall speed is more than twice as high as it is compared to your atto benchmark. I use it on an Asus P5Q-E mainboard.

atto_skorpion.jpg.e8d0230a1fdd437030c7dbdcb835b73d.jpg

Dear wired, same question AHCI does not work !

I am only getting 100 to 105 MB a second. The same

with a Seagate 7200 500 GB 2.5 drive that only costs $90 dollars.

So am search of answers not replies ?

I would suggest that you look into the manufacturer site for a new driver or a forum which discusses your specific laptop. If you are getting the same drive performance from a hard drive and the SSD, both SATA-II, then the problem is either in the laptop hardware (hopefully not since it's states to be SATA-II, or a driver.

I know this isn't the solution to your problem but it doesn't appear to be the SSD at fault.

-Joe

• Corsair Employee
Posted Yesterday 12:46 PM

By billybob123

i sure wish i could get some support

You never answered this post and a few people have made good suggestions, so I am at a loss as to your statement:

billybob123 and any one posting in reference to his question, the ATTO results may suggest that your system is limited to S-ATA-1; I would suggest testing the drive with ATTO on a known working system to be sure but many NB manufacturers have capp'ed the S-ATA to S-ATA1; I would suggest testing the drive on a known working system with ATTO to verify and then contact the respective system builder .

• 2 months later...

Hi billybob123 I'm having your same issue. I've installed my brand new Corsair F120 on an Asus EEEPC 904ha, and performing at most 120MB/sec for R/W.

Very disappointed right now, I tried reinstalling intel chipset drivers, now I'm waiting a couple of days before upgrading to Firmware V2

Archived