Corsair Community

800D spare parts - a no brainer

Taff11171

Hi folks. Just registered in this forum due to me obtaining an 800D case which I am very proud of owning. I know it's an old case but still a great one in my opinion.

The reason for my post is that I am after the usual back plane sata 6Gbs upgrade and the USB 3.0 front panel upgrade. I say 'usual' as I have noticed quite a lot of 800D owners after these parts not just on this forum but worldwide on other forums. It would be a no brainer for Corsair to do maybe a limited availability of these parts again. I am no salesman but I have seen how frustrated a lot of 800D owners are about the fact the parts have been discontinued and it would most likely be profitable for Corsair to make them available again maybe in limited amounts to see how sales would go.

If you are not going to ever make these parts available again then maybe you could release the schematics of the circuitry/parts so that somebody independent could make them. Just an idea!:D:

I Can't see it being profitable to have to have machines retooled to make 100 parts and then maybe sell 50, it is a very old case.

Remove the backplane and you will find the cables will go through the holes and plug into the back of the drive, while it may not be hotswap you have to take what you can get.

Oh and it should function just fine at 6gb/s with new cables ran to the backplate anyway.

I Can't see it being profitable to have to have machines retooled to make 100 parts and then maybe sell 50, it is a very old case.

Remove the backplane and you will find the cables will go through the holes and plug into the back of the drive, while it may not be hotswap you have to take what you can get.

Oh and it should function just fine at 6gb/s with new cables ran to the backplate anyway.

Yeah was thinking of doing that but its just the convenience i'm after of being able to hot swap the drives. Ahh well i'll keep looking on Ebay. Dunno why Corsair stopped making this case as it's more than capable of accommodating most high spec builds.:confused:

Archived