Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 Refusing to Pair

GoldenDreamcast

Hey guys, so about 2 weeks ago I got the Vengeance 2100 headset as a replacement from Corsair for sending in my broken Vengeance 2000 headset. It did work perfectly until a few days ago when the headset and receiver lost the pairing. I tried to manually pair the two, but they refuse to pair. I tired to do this on my Windows 8.1 laptop and on a Windows 7 machine. When I plug in the receiver, the computers did recognize it as the Vengeance 2100. Anyone know why they refuse to pair again?

Does the dongle and headset blink rapidly during the pairing process?

Under normal circumstances, you will never need to manually "pair" the Vengeance 2000 with the included wireless USB adapter ("dongle"). However, if the status indicator on the dongle does not stop blinking, you can try pairing the dongle and the headset.

Here's how to do it:

Turn the headset off by pressing the power button until the blue indicator light below the power button goes out.

Insert the wireless adapter into your PC's USB port.

With the end of an unfolded paper clip, press the recessed pairing button on the wireless adapter.

After about ten seconds, the indicator light on the wireless adapter will blink rapidly.

Press and hold the power button on the headset for about ten seconds, until the headset indicator light blinks rapidly.

The light on the wireless adapter will go solid blue, and the light on the headset will flash slowly (about two seconds between each flash)

The headset and wireless USB adapter are now paired.

The dongle blinks rapidly when I use a paper clip to press the button on it. The headset however, when I press the power button the headset and blue light comes on for 3 seconds then the headset turns off. The dongle continues to blink rapidly for about a minute before going back to its slow, steady blink rate as the two do not pair. The headset was fully charged right before the problem started. I don't want to to jump to conclusions, but there was an update for the laptop's bluetooth program right before this problem started.

You have to press and hold the button on the headset for 10-12 seconnds when the headset is OFF, not ON

With the 2100, if it doesn't find a signal within 3 seconds, it turns off. So it is off, I press the power button while the dongle is blinking rapidly, the headset comes on for 3 seconds, turns back off and does not pair.

The headset shouldn't turn off 3 seconds later when there is no connection. (On the V2000 it didn't). It's possible the headset may be bad or the pairing method has changed which i think is unlikely.

Have you tried pairing it with the charging cable plugged in?

While i don't think Bluetooth is a problem, try turning it off and see if that helps.

The headset shouldn't turn off 3 seconds later when there is no connection. (On the V2000 it didn't). It's possible the headset may be bad or the pairing method has changed which i think is unlikely.

Have you tried pairing it with the charging cable plugged in?

While i don't think Bluetooth is a problem, try turning it off and see if that helps.

It's possible that this headset is defunct. I have tried pairing it while it was plugged in and I got nothing. I also tried draining the battery and charging it but that turned out fruitless as well. It still doesn't pair with Bluetooth turned off or on my Windows 7 desktop. I haven't had any luck in getting in contact with Corsair. I can't get through to them via phone and no one has answered my week old support ticket. Got to keep trying I guess.

You can request an RMA to replace the headset. In the comments section tell them its a replacement item from them and provide your ticket#.

You can call customer service via Skype by calling their toll-free number. You'll know when to call as the Tech Support Department notice at the top will say "is currently open". You can also post your ticket # here.

• 2 years later...

Archived