Corsair Community

H115i issue, RPM revving going up and down while playing games randomly..

TheMachine

The issue seemingly started yesterday, as I've never had this problem before.

I recently purchased a H115i, and switched out the stock fans with two ML140 PRO 140mm, as the stock ones were a bit too noisy for my taste - I'm running the fans connected to the splitter coming off the pump with the 4-pin connectors, and I am using Corsair Link to control the pump and fans, as for configurations, the pump is set to performance mode and the fans to quiet.

It was working great for a few days, when suddenly later when I was playing Witcher 3 at some point the fans just started revving like crazy and going nuts for no apparent reason, as my temps were completely fine with my i7-4790k overclocked to 4,5Ghz ran at about 55-60C when this was happening, with my radiator placed on top in my Corsair Air 540 cabinet. It really gave me quite a scare as it was so sudden, the RPM kept going from like 900 to 2000 and back down within milliseconds until I had to turn off the game, the fans kept going like that for a little at idle until they slowly went back to normal, decided to turn off my computer and try it again, same thing happened. I have no idea what could be the cause...

Check under my username for my specs.

EDIT: I failed to mention that i am using the AI Suite's Fan Xpert 3 program to control all of my other fans in my case, I have no idea if this could be interfering with the Corsair Link system somehow, but like I said I never had issues before yesterday using both simultaneously, plus the AI Suite program doesnt seem to detect my CPU fan when using the Fan Tuning, so there is nothing else but the Corsair Link controlling it as I understand.

Make sure you have linked your fan speed to the H115i Temp Group (coolant temperature). Using CPU temps is bound to produce some revving. AI Suite may also play a factor in your control issues as well. You don't have to use Link and can move the fans over to CPU & OPT headers and motherboard control. Whether that is better or worse for needs tends to vary. Some boards have working fan delays. Asus X99 series boards tend to ignore them for the CPU/OPT headers. Not sure if that applied to Z97 as well.

Archived