Corsair Community

900D stripped screw

4lphyn

Whilst removing the hard-drive cases from the case, a screw became stripped quite badly; I have tried literally everything and it isn't budging.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking that I should send the case back because the screw is completely ruined anyway, so...

You would send an entire case back because of one stripped screw? That's not very economical... There are plenty of simple tools you can use to get stripped screws out. Home Depot probably sells at least one of them for $20.

And they even sell new screws too...

You would send an entire case back because of one stripped screw? That's not very economical... There are plenty of simple tools you can use to get stripped screws out. Home Depot probably sells at least one of them for $20.

And they even sell new screws too...

What tools would those be?

theres many variety's of tools for screw removal but considering the screw is so small,one route to try is to drill the screw head off.drilling the largest portion of the head off then using a small chisel and hammer to tap the screw head off,once done the screw shank will be loose and removable.it does reqire incremental drilling and patience

you may also first try using a ''impact'' screw driver as these do work very well and a better initial route to first

try

http://www.tooltopia.com/lisle-29200.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp6819612&gclid=CjwKEAiAkpCkBRCtstKQo5ia5nESJACsCikREKFecP_qGFGqlvun-7xjHDsNtDdrrn6pNjW9_jAiEBoCe6Tw_wcB

theres cheaper models to buy but here is one

Archived