Corsair Community

Firmware Update!

randolla

At this time we advise not to update the firmware if you already downloaded it. A new release should be coming out very soon.

Ramguy,

What that this mean? It makes no sense to me. You advise "Not to update the firmware if you already downloaded it" That makes no sense to me. Downloaded what exactly? The firmware or the software update? Is the new release "coming soon" another software update or a correct firmware update?

Please clarify.

As I understand it we are to:

1. Update the SOFTWARE to 1.2.5

2. DO NOT update the firmware even though we get a popup telling us to do so.

Again, Please clarify this.

• Corsair Employee

Please stop posting on others threads unless you have something useful to add if you persist in doing this I will have no choice but to set you to be moderated..

If you have a question please start your own thread and either quot the post in question or provide a link to the post in question.

Your Corsair Link was done at a different time and would not have the same version. The latest version of the software was 1.2.5 which when first released offer to up[date the firmware to 1.2.0 for the Link unit this firmware has since been pulled because of a reported issue and 1.1.9 has been put back up.

Ramguy,

What that this mean? It makes no sense to me. You advise "Not to update the firmware if you already downloaded it" That makes no sense to me. Downloaded what exactly? The firmware or the software update? Is the new release "coming soon" another software update or a correct firmware update?

Please clarify.

As I understand it we are to:

1. Update the SOFTWARE to 1.2.5

2. DO NOT update the firmware even though we get a popup telling us to do so.

Again, Please clarify this.

Please stop posting on others threads unless you have something useful to add if you persist in doing this I will have no choice but to set you to be moderated..

If you have a question please start your own thread and either quot the post in question or provide a link to the post in question.

Your Corsair Link was done at a different time and would not have the same version. The latest version of the software was 1.2.5 which when first released offer to up[date the firmware to 1.2.0 for the Link unit this firmware has since been pulled because of a reported issue and 1.1.9 has been put back up.

Ramguy,

Please explain what is not useful about what I said. I am seeking clarification of your response since it was unclear to me and I am sure to others as well. I put it in another's post because that is where you put your answer that I did not understand. I was only responding to your post. I thought it made more sense that way rather than keep putting new posts up but if it makes you happy I will start a new thread every time I have a question about what you post.

At no time have you or anyone at Corsair said anything about mine or anyone else's Link having a different version of the firmware from other shipped Links. I think this is really an important thing to know. I have been asking for weeks for a stickey at the top of this page to tell everyone how to handle the firmware update issues.

Having discovered that now, I ask, if we have had the original link and mistakenly flashed the firmware according to the popup in the software, should we reflash it back to 1.1.9? If so how would we go about doing that?

EDIT I originally wrote this while I was at my shop and away from my main computer. My Commander shows firmware as 1.1.9. The Node and the H100 show 1.1.12

Currently I have it showing a firmware version of 1.1.12. showing for all three units (See Edit) (Link Commander, Cooling node and H100) Is that what you meant when you said 1.2.0? Again I am only trying to clarify your post. EDIT I am still unclear as to what if anything has a firmware version of 1.2.0

I have spent hours of my time trying to understand this product as best I can given the support and information available. I have passed what I know on to others in order to help them out with your product with posts here, private messages and even by telephone. I have tried to be nothing but helpful and have many witnesses to that fact.

I have only asked, time and time again, for someone from Corsair tech support to monitor this forum daily and answer our questions promptly.

Please tell me if I am expecting too much.

Archived