Corsair Community

CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H115i Help

Dissolution187

Hey everyone. I am new to the forums and I want to start off by thanking anyone who tries to help people through here.

I am having an issue with my fans on my cooler (I think). It seems like the fans are only reaching a maximum of 750 or so RPM and that seems a bit low. I am curious if this is an issue with my fans or that this cooler is simply limited by it's fans. I was doing some OC'ing on my 8700k today, and while I have had no blue screens my temps seem to hit around 80-84c under max load. I am curious if this is normal for this particular cooler, and whether my fans should be revving up to a higher rpm or not. I had the profile in corsair link set to extreme, but then I thought I would be more aggressive and manually set the fan curve to see if the fans would kick up a notch. Still nothing has changed.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Thanks! :D:

Well ... it's hard to say what's going on. What you need to look at is the coolant temperature; the fan speeds are based on that, not on CPU temperature. Coolant temperature is also dependent on ambient temperature - you've not supplied that either. The only piece of data that you've supplied is CPU temp ... which really isn't relevant to what's going on (believe it or not ... it's not ... it's all coolant temperature).

Check out the Liquid Cooler FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174442

Sounds like he's running it through iCue.

Biker that's when it's on balanced. He had it on extreme which ramps it to max. At least on the 115i plat.

Did you give it time when you selected extreme before setting it back? Takes a while for it to even recognize that you selected that fan speed.

Archived