Corsair Community

iCue CPU increase

Talon1

iCue 3.3.103 is using 16% of my CPU. Previous version was 1.5% or so. Why the increase?

I uninstalled it then reinstalled manually instead of through the icue updater. Rebooted and all seems well.

iCue 3.3.103 is using 16% of my CPU. Previous version was 1.5% or so. Why the increase?

I uninstalled it then reinstalled manually instead of through the icue updater. Rebooted and all seems well.

I also have this same problem with this version of ICUE 3.3.103.

CPU in use from 11 to 13%.

16% here as well. Fans go to max every boot. I click quiet balanced or extreme all go to max. iQue says idle temps on Mobo are at 55ish while they are really at 32-35. i tried reinstalling que and it didn't help.

I recently updated my version of CUE and got up to 24% usage, one core always at 100%. I try to install the older version and see what happend.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/854tf6rc0r5sukk/cue_2.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8xj6wi1kot1f7o/cue_1.PNG?dl=0

Yeah, there's no way a peripheral control panel should EVER use more than 0.5-3% CPU, 24% is ludicrous, sounds like they just threw it together without any kind of testing.

Yeah, there's no way a peripheral control panel should EVER use more than 0.5-3% CPU, 24% is ludicrous, sounds like they just threw it together without any kind of testing.

That is not accurate at all. It was tested and the CPU issue was noted. It's been worked for quite some time and the fix is likely to come shortly. They did need to release iCue in order to support newly released products.

When I turn off ICUE Idle temps drop to 33C when it is running 40C at idle. Not sure why such a change in temps due to just one program. Fans slow as soon as ICUE goes off, so its not that everything is ramping up. Just CPU usage I guess?

Sometimes iCUE runs 20-30% CPU speed and sometimes it runs 200-250 megs memory. After several end tasks restarts it runs 1-2% CPU AND 60-90 megs memory.

What version of iCue are you using, this issue was fixed in the last patch.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm running 3.4.95 and cpu running between 8 and 20%. reinstalled, rebooted, uninstalled and installed old CUE. Old Cpu running the same. uninstalled all, reinstalled latest version 3.9.45 all still at 8 to 20%

What happens if you unplug the ST100 on iCUE 3.4.95?

Archived