Corsair Community

Help! LED Issue, Lights Stay On Even After Shut Down!

I have a blue snowball and my windows 8 does the same thing! Shutdown while logged in turns off my keyboard, but the little red LED on my snowball remains on.

On a side note, wearing red/blue 3d glasses and making your keyboard red and blue is... an interesting effect lol.

The problem can be solved in the bios (I had that on my laptop and it was draining all the battery). You have to disable "usb charging" (if my memory is well)

That is an option that will make your computer still supply power to usb ports even when the computer is turned off.

Press the button that adjusts the brightness of the led's until they are off..that's how i do it :) !

Yeah that's what I've been doing.

But as all of us with this light issue I'm pretty sure we would all prefer it if the keyboard would just shut down without us having to manually turn it off!

The problem can be solved in the bios (I had that on my laptop and it was draining all the battery). You have to disable "usb charging" (if my memory is well)

That is an option that will make your computer still supply power to usb ports even when the computer is turned off.

Hmm, you're going to have to be specific with your suggestion I'm afraid.

Many motherboards have different BIOS's, I may not have the same BIOS as you so I may or may not even have that option in mine haha.

Just to get a better idea as to what BIOS you have, what motherboard do you have?

Glad to see that I'm not the only person that's had this issue. Honestly though, for the first few months that I've had it, I've just been tossing a dark t-shirt over mine. The problem is that my wave profile freezes upon shut down, and I end up having to reboot the computer to get it animated again... But as some of you mentioned, adjusting the brightness light also seems to work too. Lately, that's what I've been doing just before I put my pc to sleep. If I don't turn off the light before putting my pc to sleep, the lights end up staying on all night, or until I remove the pc from sleep mode.

My previous keyboard (from a different manufacturer) always used to turn the illumination off when I shut my Win7 laptop or my Win8.1 PC down, or put them in sleep mode. My new K70 RGB does not. It is annoying.

As PEagle suggested, I do have a BIOS setting to disable USB charging. However, I don't feel I should have to do this. Maybe I want USB charging enabled... And I don't want to have to manually turn the keyboard lights off every single time. And my M65 RGB mouse (which also stays illuminated) provides no way to turn the lights off, short of unplugging it.

How long is the life of these LEDs supposed to be? 50,000 hours? That's about 5.5 years. I expect at least that much use out of this keyboard.

• 3 months later...
I have a K65 and this started happening just today. I unplugged everything on my setup to clean up cables a bit, plugged everything back in, and now my keyboard stays on even after shutdown, and the CUE won't even recognize it unless I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. I have remedied it a bit by only having the USB cord with the keyboard logo on, but when my PC boots up it makes a noise when logging into windows 7 I've never heard before.

• 9 months later...
This issue will be resolved in the next firmware update just a quick headsup.

Well, it's a year later and the issue is still not freakin' resolved (and should never even have been an issue). Corsair is majorly sucking on this one. Love the build quality and lighting options, but jeez, get the basics right - turns a great product into a fairly irritating one. This is especially in addition to loosing scimitar connection after standby, and the long time is takes for the keyboard to set up on system start.

• 1 month later...
I have a K90, and I've always that LED issue with it, but a week ago, something bad started to happen. Everytime I press a key on my keyboard, with my computer off, the lights turn on, but when I turn the computer on, the keyboard kinda die. It says the USB device cannot be recognized by windows, and I have to take it on and off countless times for it to be recognized again. Right now, I'm using a crappy microsoft keyboard instead of having to deal again with my K90. Just got tired of this thing.

Archived