Corsair Community

I am THIS close to RMA

3Duser

Here's the deal.

I have tried everything that has been suggested to me to get the AHCI drivers working for my Corsair Force 120GB SSD.

Every time I reboot, it comes up with "AHCI bios not installed". It boots okay, no operational errors, but nothing I have done (including editing the registry following the guide here, and upgrading and downgrading the BIOS) has been able to make it work. The drive even has the 2.0 firmware installed.

If anyone knows how to get the drivers to work on a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board with Win 7 Ultimate x64, then please let me know.

I need to have this working by Jan 28, as I start a course in game development, and I can't do the class assignments with a stuffed drive.

Totally at the end of my patience with this drive.

Any help would be really great.

Have you contacted the MB maker and did you try what I suggested in another thread?

Yes, I tried your suggestion, but the same message still appears on boot. I will contact Gigabyte, but I am running out of time. I need an SSD with working AHCI by the end of the month.

• Corsair Employee
Is the system functioning properly other than you get that message from the BIOS at POST? And are you sure its not something else like ACPI that you are seeing, can you take a picture of the message and post it?

Is the system functioning properly other than you get that message from the BIOS at POST? And are you sure its not something else like ACPI that you are seeing, can you take a picture of the message and post it?

Bad news. I contacted Gigabyte and one of their techs instructed me on how to install the drivers, but today I got a blue screen when in AHCI mode. Then another blue screen 30 minuts later. The computer wrote it up as a drive write paged/non paged error.

I really don't have anymore time to fiddle around. I need a functional drive ASAP.. Thanks for your help, but I'm going to RMA.

The AHCI BIOS NOT INSTALLED message during POST has absolutely nothing to do with our drive or it's function in the OS. What BIOS version are you running and have you done a clean install of WIN7 with AHCI enabled in the BIOS while also adding the AHCI driver when prompted during the install?

FYI, this is a known issue with some Gigabyte boards. At one point in late 2010, it required a beta BIOS to resolve it.

Archived