Corsair Community

Hard Reset Required to Boot into Windows

ToWn3r

Upon starting the system after shutting down windows the system will not boot into windows.

The keyboard will light up and the bios screen with key options will be displayed for a second before the keyboard goes dark.

Hard resetting the system results in the same thing except this time the system correctly detects the boot drive and loads windows.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ever since the Spectre/meltdown patches, I started experiencing this more and more. I've had far less problems since updating to Win10 1809 in the last week or so - it boots straight in. My OS build is 17763.55.

That said, now Device Manager reports that my video card (1080): "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I updated the driver to 416.34, rebooted - Device Manager still reports the video card issue.

That is strange. Being this is a replacement unit I think the spectre/meltdown patch was pre-installed.

Windows Info

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • Version: 1803
  • OS build: 17134.345

Support recommend the following which has worked so far. :)

Can you do a CMOS reset and see if this will remedy the issue?

1. Unplug the power cord from the unit.

2. At the rear of the unit, locate the small button that reads "Clear CMOS"

3. Press and hold "Clear CMOS" for 25 seconds and release.

4. Reconnect the power cable and power on the system.

• Corsair Employee
That is strange. Being this is a replacement unit I think the spectre/meltdown patch was pre-installed.

Windows Info

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • Version: 1803
  • OS build: 17134.345

Support recommend the following which has worked so far. :)

Did this clear up the error in Device Manager?

• 2 months later...
I am having the same problem with the K70 RGB mk.2 Low Profile and i have tried 2 of them now and still cannot get windows to post. I cannot do a hard reset for some ungodly reason... The firmware they are sending is in a .bin and i cannot get it to unzip or anything. I am waiting for corsair to respond. any suggestions?

Archived