Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB BSOD

21seconds

I put a Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB in my computer and it has my OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit). Whenever I watch online videos (Netflix), after about 20 minutes, the computer gives a BSOD. When the computer restarts the SATA port with the SSD is empty in the BIOS, and I have to shut it down and pull the power before it will come back. Since this only ever happens when I am watching netflix I assume it is because of a setting on the computer and not a problem with the drive itself. I think I have changed everything that I am supposed to to make the SSD function well. The HD idle is turned off in the power settings, the caching is turned off, the OS was installed with AHCI on, and it is still on.

I have tried updating the firmware to 1.3.2 from 1.2 but I have had no success with making it work I always get the same FATAL_ERROR: Firmware download failed with error: (ECode: 00000057). I have tried updating the AMD Driver. I have tried switching to the MS AHCI Driver(I am not sure I did that properly though).

Please Help Me. I really want to love this drive. It is red...

I figured out why I couldn't do the firmware update. Whenever I uninstalled the AMD Sata controller, windows was just reinstalling it when I restarted. This time I checked the box that said delete the driver too and it worked perfectly. I haven't had it crash since the flashing fw1.3.3 but we will see.

Archived