Corsair Community

Corsair 900D vs 1000D

tearsimmortal

Welp,

My 780T window side panel is defective (case is about three years old) and the replacement window side panel is $29.99 to replace it. I spoke with Corsair they basically told me either buy the replacement side panel or deal with it. I am looking at the 900D and the 1000D case from Corsair. What is the difference between the two cases 900D and the 1000D? I know on the 1000D you'll have to buy the fans for the front from what I was told. What about radiator size for the 900D especially for the side area.

The computer will be liquid cool (Corsair radiator).

• Corsair Employee

The 1000D serves as a successor to the 900D in a sense. It's one of our smart cases in that it has a Commander Pro with custom firmware to help control Corsair RGB products and fans.

The 1000D can also fit one ATX motherboard and one mini-ITX motherboard at the same time. You can essentially have two systems then in one. The 1000D also has tempered glass.

You can find out more info on the product page: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/obsidian-1000d-case

Thanks for the help and the information. If I decided to go with the Corsair 1000D will the MSI x99a Godlike motherboard fit? What about the Corsair H110i GTX radiator? I know I would need to purchase the 120 and 140mm fans.

Will there be plenty of room for CD rom drive and SSD drive? How is the cable management?

You probably can't grasp just how big the 1000D is.

The only caveat is that the dual-system feature doesn't play well with vertical video card mounting option, since the vertically-mounted cards essentially go where most of the second system's cooling and ram would be.

Which is kinda good, saved me from dumping another thousand into this guy just out of a sense of perverse completionism.

Archived