Corsair Community

HX1200 with 8x GTX1070 GPU (RESET PROBLEM)

simonozborn

Hello guys.

I have a mining rig with 8 gpu. My gpu is asus rog strix gtx1070 and it has 8 pin power input. So i am using all pcie cables for plug to gpu. Also i am using all sata cables and i plug it to risers like this, 2-2-2-1-1.

I setted the power 100W for each gpu. So, 8 gpu is absorbing 800 watt and the system absorbing 80 watt energy. Total is 880 watt.

Finally, i said everyhing. Here, i have a question. My mining rig is resetting 3-4 time in a day. I think that maybe problem is power supply in my rig. But it is 1200 watt power supply and i just use 880 watt. So, i need help in this topic. Can my rig reset because of power supply ? or not ?

A 1070 GPU will consume way over 100w. Peak is over 200w.

Are you limiting power via a utility like MSI Afterburner to achieve the power budget you are looking for? How do you know you are achieving 100w/card?

The riser cards consume between 30 and 40 watts each with my 1080 ti cards.

EDIT: I just re-read your post a few times and completely changed my response ;)

A 1070 GPU will consume way over 100w. Peak is over 200w.

Are you limiting power via a utility like MSI Afterburner to achieve the power budget you are looking for? How do you know you are achieving 100w/card?

The riser cards consume between 30 and 40 watts each with my 1080 ti cards.

EDIT: I just re-read your post a few times and completely changed my response ;)

I m using simplemining platform for mining and you can set the watt for per gpu on simplemining. So i setted 100 watt for each gpu. Also i am using a watt meter and i am seeing 880 watt for total. As a result, it is certain(100 watt per gpu, 880watt total)

Archived