Corsair Community

[Complicated Setup] - Default Speed of ML120 & LL120

stebrick

Long story short, I am trying to set up 1 case 2 system (ATX + ITX) via Phantek's PSU Revolt X. I'd like to power up the 2 systems individually (or sometimes jointly). My initial plan is that all fans' PWM/RGB fans control being connected to ATX board via commandar pro, while the power of the case fans are gonna be shared among two system via the PSU (which will send power to all SATA/Molex via the PSU no matter which system is powered up)

With this setup, correct me if i am wrong, my understanding is that even if the commandar pro does not receive any PWM signal from motherboard of ATX, it still gets the power from SATA of the PSU if ITX system (or the PSU) is powered up.

So i am wondering:-

1. What's the default speed of ML120 and LL120 if they receive no PWM signal? Would they run in full speed (please specify the speed)?

2. Let's say i turn on the ATX system, set it to certain speed, later switch ATX off (so does the PWM signal). Would the fans speed of ML120 & LL120 resume to its default immediately? Or would they continue to run at the custom speed before PWM signal is turned off? Or...would it lower the speed (to what level?) of the fans automatically due to the change of temperature?

Thanks in advance (i know this is a bit unusual setup...)

With no PWM signal, they run at full speed. Check the specs for what that is.

With the Commander Pro - IF the fan speeds are tied to one of the built-in temperature sensors that ship with the Commander Pro, the CoPro will manage the fan speeds based on that curve whether USB is connected or not. In no circumstance does the CoPro receive a PWM signal from the motherboard. It connects to the host system via USB and uses that for the interface with iCUE.

With no PWM signal, they run at full speed. Check the specs for what that is.

With the Commander Pro - IF the fan speeds are tied to one of the built-in temperature sensors that ship with the Commander Pro, the CoPro will manage the fan speeds based on that curve whether USB is connected or not. In no circumstance does the CoPro receive a PWM signal from the motherboard. It connects to the host system via USB and uses that for the interface with iCUE.

Much appreciated for the prompt and straight reply!:laughing:

Sounds like CoPro is more advanced than I thought!:loveeyes:

So...all i need to do before I turn off ATX system (to which the CoPro is tied) is to set the fan speeds tied to the built-in temperature, then CoPro will continue to manage and run the fan speed according to the sensor, rather than running the fans at full default speed? Could different group of fans be tied to different thermal sensor?

Thanks!

Archived