Corsair Community

Disable rainbow effect on boot in mouse/keyboard?

More_Power

Is there a way to disable the rainbow effect on the K70 RGB Lowprofile and M65 RGB Elite when booting into windows?

In iCUE there is a menu for the Lighting Node Pro called Hardware Lighting that lets you select the startup/shutdown colors. I have it set to black then when iCUE starts up it loads my custom profile.

That will work if the K70 Low Profile has onboard storage of the HW1/HW2/HW3 type. If it does not, then you use the "save to device" option from the Profile drop down menu.

The M65 Elite does use the HW save system, but there is only one hardware profile. Look way down at the bottom of your profile list.

Yes my keyboard has onboard storage. But I'm having a hard time getting this to work the way I want. I don't see the "save to device" anywhere maybe because it has onboard.

BTW does the profile key only work if iCUE is shutdown because I tried changing the onboard preset profiles while iCUE was running and it doesn't do anything.

No --- it's one or the other. "Save to device" or Hardware profile (HW_). Older stuff or less expensive items often have the Save to Device. More recent products have the Hardware profiles, but I am not sure we have a comprehensive list.

Go the "K70P HW Profile" (3 on that board?) -> Set the lighting you want to see in the Lighting Tab. There are some restrictions without iCUE running. The program will tell you if it won't work. Then click the Onboard Profiles Tab. Click on of the three mini-SD icons to save it to slot 1-3. HW1 does not have to save to Slot 1, although you probably want to do it that way to keep track.

M65 Elite is the same, except there is only one HW profile.

Ok I think I understand now. I only had the default profile that had the HW1-3 sub-profiles under it. That's why nothing was changing with the profile key because there was no other profile to switch to :eek: But I still get the rainbow effect when booting my system. I have my LL RGB fan color set to black so I don't get the rainbow effect when booting. I'm try to do the same for the mouse and keyboard. Maybe I still have something not set right.

It takes some getting used to. When iCUE is running, the keyboard profile switch will cycle through your software profiles in top to bottom order from the list. Correct, since you don't have any other software profiles, it does nothing. However, when iCUE is not running (like during boot or if you quit), the profile switch will then cycle between HW1-HW2-HW3 and around again. Once you stop on a HW profile, it will stay there until you change it again. I think the defaults are HW1=rainbow spiral, HW2=rain, HW3=color wave left to right. Those are all presets that can be saved back later, so don't worry about which one you overwrite and it doesn't matter if it is slot 1,2, or 3. There are some restrictions for HW profiles. You can't layer multiple pre-defined effects. You also can't layer multiple custom waves/ripples. You can use multiple static colors up to 5 and this is most often what I end up doing. My K95P favorite is static white typing keys with a custom R-O-Y-G-B-V-R gradient for the outer function keys and lightbar. There is some wiggle room with creation, but it may take practice.

On a side note, the "default" profile has no special properties. It is not the default because it is named as such. The actual default profile is whatever software profile you drag to the top of the list. Most of iCUE operates in a top down hierarchy. Lighting effects on top take priority. Profile on top takes priority. As you get into more software profiles, it is usually easier and more consistent to drag what you want to the top, rather than set up complex programs links, but that is something you will have to feel out for yourself.

Archived