Corsair Community

AX1200i Rails Low

Jericho2013

My AX1200i at no load with a psu tester shows my voltages to be:

12v is 12.096

+5 is 4.960

+3.3 is 3.264

I know it is within limits but I would expect their best psu to have voltages that are dead on. My AX1200 voltages are perfect. Reading reviews those voltages are what you would see at 50% - 100% load. Mine certainly doesn't appear to be at a platinum level as they claim. So do I need to rma the ax1200i or accept that as normal for this psu?

Thanks

I just tested it with this psu tester,

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4081/psu-208/FrozenCPU_ATX_20_Ultimate_LCD_Power_Supply_Tester_-_Rev_2_2024_pin_ATX_SATA_P4P8_PCI-E_6-Pin8-Pin_Floppy_4_pin.html

The PG value shows HH. The PG gives a rating of how long it takes for power to stabilize in a value from ~0-990ms. I've been reading that if it reads that on a psu tester then the psu is bad even though it tests normal with a voltmeter or through software. I'm not having any issues that I can see so far but I don't want my other components damaged from something I don't see. My AX1200 tested a normal PG value with the same tester.

It's been stated many times here i the forums that those PSU testers do not read correctly with Corsair PSU's. I don't understand what the issue is? Your voltages are nearly perfect, the system is stable and its running fine...there is no need to RMA that PSU!

. I've been reading that if it reads that on a psu tester then the psu is bad even though it tests normal with a voltmeter or through software.

You need to quit reading and just enjoy your system.

I'm not having any issues that I can see so far but I don't want my other components damaged from something I don't see.

You cant damage components from voltages that are too low. The machine would just refuse to boot.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=109739&highlight=PSU+testers

I would really suggest you get a hold of a digital multi-meter to get accurate readings too. You can get readings directly from the molex,SATA , and PCIe cables.

I use too sit around and test my Corsair psu also and nothing ever showed correctly until i took the advice of peanutz94 and used a good digital multimeter and tested through 4 pin

molex connectors, pci-e, and sata connectors and it showed me that power supply testers are not spot on. it has been months now and my Corsair psu is running perfect even though what the psu testers were showing me it shouldn't be running good, but the digital multimeter showed perfect test voltages, watts, etc. I use too drive myself crazy worrying about my psu.

thanks too peanutz94 I can sleep better not thinking about my psu.

Archived