Corsair Community

AMD Ryzen DDR4 Compatibility Questions?

Corsair CJ

Hello, Corsairs!

I'm looking for compatible memory modules (2x8Gb) for my specs which is are:

ASRock B450M Pro 4

Ryzen 5 2400G

I've looked out yours website https://www.corsair.com/ww/ru/memoryfinder?type=motherboard but I didn't reach my mobo model.

So my question is could you recommend modules which can work on 2.9Mhz on my specs?

Did you try ASRock website? They have listed there several Corsair models in their QVL and that would be your best bet.

The ram kit listed in my profile may work in your board but I can't say I would recommend it unless you were ok with overclocking it and of course there are no guarantees. Getting the exact model listed in my profile would be difficult unless you can get it from your local store to visually inspect the packaging however I can tell you I successfully overclocked it at 2933 and 3200 @1.35 on ASRock x470 with Ryzen 5 2600.

I recently put together a ASRock B450M Pro 4 setup with a 2200G over the last holiday season before I got my x470 board. I don't recall the B450M having a DRAM voltage setting you could modify however that may have changed with the new 2.0 BIOS/UEFI that was released with the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update.

In my recent experience the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update with the latest ver 2.0 BIOS/UEFI for that B450M may cause the XMP settings suddenly to became unstable, so don't count on using XMP profiles at all with any memory kit on AMD Ryzen. When I put together my x470 using XMP profiles didn't work well either. Instead start with AUTO settings then set the memory timings manually if you want to tweak or overclock. Also use memtest86 or memtest86+ to ensure your ram is stable.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

As a newbie, I am seeking your help. I have bought a new system with a ASUS B450M mobo, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and two packs of CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 (so it's 4x16GB).

However, this was not ideal, because I get freezes and BSOD. Running Memtest86 from a USB-stick gave me both errors and freezes. So I check settings in the UEFI/BIOS, and forced the memory to 1.2V, 2133MHz and checked the settings with CPU-Z. Installed one DIMM (in the correct slot according to the mobo manual), and had no issues.

Swapped out one DIMM after another, and no problems. After all was tested successful, I installed two DIMMs, and ran the same test. No issues. Swapped those two for the other two, still no problem.

Installed all four, and Memtest64 reports lots of errors :-(

I (now) know my DIMMs are not on the QVL-list... so do I have to buy other modules? Or could there be something wrong with the motherboard?

Or are there any settings on the UEFI/BIOS I should change?

Edited by Sitron_NO
Removed image, inserted link

Hi folks,

As a newbie, I am seeking your help. I have bought a new system with a ASUS B450M mobo, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and two packs of CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 (so it's 4x16GB).

However, this was not ideal, because I get freezes and BSOD. Running Memtest86 from a USB-stick gave me both errors and freezes. So I check settings in the UEFI/BIOS, and forced the memory to 1.2V, 2133MHz and checked the settings with CPU-Z. Installed one DIMM (in the correct slot according to the mobo manual), and had no issues.

Swapped out one DIMM after another, and no problems. After all was tested successful, I installed two DIMMs, and ran the same test. No issues. Swapped those two for the other two, still no problem.

Installed all four, and Memtest64 reports lots of errors :-(

I (now) know my DIMMs are not on the QVL-list... so do I have to buy other modules? Or could there be something wrong with the motherboard?

Or are there any settings on the UEFI/BIOS I should change?

The 4x16 configuration is a lot of stress on your memory controller but also you're mixing two kits which can work but is not ideal for compatibility so it's possible you may be encountering a compatibility issue because of this as well.

If your mixing kits you want to make sure both model and version number are identical. Also it may be a good idea to try to make sure each matched pair is installed in the same channel if you haven't mixed them up already.

You may need to adjust your speed (and possibly timings) to compensate for the full load of ram.

Try this simple procedure. With the full load of ram don't use the XMP profile, use AUTO instead and set your timings and DRAM voltage to AUTO for now. Then manually set your speed to DDR4-2133 reboot and retest.

After you do this is there a reduction in errors when you retest?

The 4x16 configuration is a lot of stress on your memory controller but also you're mixing two kits which can work but is not ideal for compatibility so it's possible you may be encountering a compatibility issue because of this as well.

If your mixing kits you want to make sure both model and version number are identical. Also it may be a good idea to try to make sure each matched pair is installed in the same channel if you haven't mixed them up already.

You may need to adjust your speed (and possibly timings) to compensate for the full load of ram.

Try this simple procedure. With the full load of ram don't use the XMP profile, use AUTO instead and set your timings and DRAM voltage to AUTO for now. Then manually set your speed to DDR4-2133 reboot and retest.

After you do this is there a reduction in errors when you retest?

Thanks for the reply. I have done some testing, including what you said. Bottom line: It does not work when I have all four DIMMs installed, no matter what I do.

I figured out which two was a pair, and I did clock to DDR4-2133, but the errors kept on coming when four DIMMs was installed.

Now I have installed one matching pair, and I am able to clock to DDR-2666 without any errors. So, I am returning one pair and just settle for 32GB at the moment.

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3200Mhz(4x16)(match set or 4 in box) 64gb working on Aorus x570 Master at 3400Mhz @1.35v. Stable and could probably go to 3600Mhz at 1.38v or 1.40v. I'm happy with 3400Mhz.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by psygnosi

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3200Mhz(4x16)(match set or 4 in box) 64gb working on Aorus x570 Master at 3400Mhz @1.35v. Stable and could probably go to 3600Mhz at 1.38v or 1.40v. I'm happy with 3400Mhz.

That's awesome! By any chance can you post back your settings including model and version number of ram kit?

This would be super helpful for others considering this configuration.

?? - tCL

?? - tRCD

?? - tRP

?? - tRAS

?? - tRC

? - tRRDS

? - tRRDL

?? - tFAW

? - tWTRS

?? - tWTRL

?? - tWR

? - tRDRDSCL

? - tWRWRSCL

??? - tRFC

?? - tCWL

?? - tRTP

? - tRDWR

? - tWRRD

? - tWRWRSC

? - tWRWRSD

? - tWRWRDD

? - tRDRDSC

? - tRDRDSD

? - tRDRDDD

? - tCKE

DRAM = 1.35v

SOC = ?

Gear Down Mode = ?

Power Down Mode = ?

BGS & BGS-ALT = ?

ProcODT = ?? ohms

RTT_NOM = ?

RTT_WR = ?

RTT_PARK = ?

CAD_BUS = All 4 settings ?

Edited by A Computer Guy

Hi,

Corsair Memory modules are CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 Running @ 3400Mhz

24.0 - tCL

23 - tRCD

23 - tRP

57 - tRAS

80 - tRC

Auto - tRRDS

Auto - tRRDL

Auto - tFAW

Auto - tWTRS

Auto - tWTRL

Auto - tWR

Auto - tRDRDSCL

Auto - tWRWRSCL

596 - tRFC

Auto - tCWL

Auto - tRTP

Auto - tRDWR

Auto - tWRRD

Auto - tWRWRSC

Auto - tWRWRSD

Auto - tWRWRDD

Auto - tRDRDSC

Auto - tRDRDSD

Auto - tRDRDDD

Auto - tCKE

DRAM = 1.356v

SOC = 1.081v

Gear Down Mode = Auto

Power Down Mode = Auto

BGS & BGS-ALT = Auto

ProcODT = ?? ohms

RTT_NOM = ?

RTT_WR = ?

RTT_PARK = ?

Not sure where to get the other numbers.

Hi,

Corsair Memory modules are CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 Running @ 3400Mhz

24.0 - tCL

23 - tRCD

23 - tRP

57 - tRAS

80 - tRC

Auto - tRRDS

Auto - tRRDL

Auto - tFAW

Auto - tWTRS

Auto - tWTRL

Auto - tWR

Auto - tRDRDSCL

Auto - tWRWRSCL

596 - tRFC

Auto - tCWL

Auto - tRTP

Auto - tRDWR

Auto - tWRRD

Auto - tWRWRSC

Auto - tWRWRSD

Auto - tWRWRDD

Auto - tRDRDSC

Auto - tRDRDSD

Auto - tRDRDDD

Auto - tCKE

DRAM = 1.356v

SOC = 1.081v

Gear Down Mode = Auto

Power Down Mode = Auto

BGS & BGS-ALT = Auto

ProcODT = ?? ohms

RTT_NOM = ?

RTT_WR = ?

RTT_PARK = ?

Not sure where to get the other numbers.

With a Zen2 processor you can see most of this information via Ryzen Master including whatever actual values your motherboard choose on AUTO.

Do you remember the version number of your kit?

Do you know if your motherboard memory is configured for daisy-chain or T-topology?

How did you arrive at the values given for your primary timings? Did you use ryzen-dram-calculator?

Edited by A Computer Guy

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

[My first post so apologies if it’s in the wrong place or repeats anything]

I have a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro and would like to know if any 128GB or 64GB kits are compatible from Corsair? Basically I would like to use 32 Gb modules so I can max out the system as I am simming millions of particles as opposed to making a gaming build. Gigabyte only lists one 32GB module that is compatible (2666MHz by Crucial). Surely Corsair must have compatible modules too? For example I have my eye on this, will it work? CMK64GX4M2C3200C16

Thank you!

[This is FYI for any other poor soul who wanted to find out this info without doing it the hard way like me]

Just received the 64GB kit I asked about above and would like to share with the community that CMK64GX4M2C3200C16 DOES work with x570 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Bios v11 (which I updated to). I was having crashes and before I thought it was the RAM but actually it was to do with incorrect cooler installation which meant the CPU was getting hot and causing shutdown.

Corsair 2x16GB RAM kit CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 that is on the Gigabyte supported list also works perfectly. Have not tried overclocking either yet. I have 96GB installed perfectly fine but both pairs of modules are the same clock speed CL16 and model (LPX Vengeance) so appear to be playing nice.

Edited by Jojorocks
mistake about findings corrected

Hello everyone and Happy New Year !

I recently bought a Ryzen 9 3900X with a Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming mobo.

I ordered this kit CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 so 64GB (4x16) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz CL16.

I have seen a lot of different opinion.

My question is, does anyone know if its working fine or have the same set up ? Or do you have any other recommendation for 64gb kit that works with this mobo + ryzen 3900X ?

I am not looking for overclocking just run this kit at 3200Mhz and CL16.

Thank you for your help !

Edited by Polyface

• 2 months later...
Hello everyone and Happy New Year !

I recently bought a Ryzen 9 3900X with a Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming mobo.

I ordered this kit CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 so 64GB (4x16) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz CL16.

I have seen a lot of different opinion.

My question is, does anyone know if its working fine or have the same set up ? Or do you have any other recommendation for 64gb kit that works with this mobo + ryzen 3900X ?

I am not looking for overclocking just run this kit at 3200Mhz and CL16.

Thank you for your help !

Did you ever get your system working with these listed components? I am looking at building my new system using the same except 32GB of RAM.

Edited by ram1220

• 4 weeks later...
Am I really being led to believe that Corsair's White Vengeance RAM is only compatible with Intel cpu's?? I see that there are no issues on pcpartpicker.com, but Corsairs techspecs specifically leave out all AMD processors for compatibility for part number CMW16GX4M2C3600C18W. Anybody know if these parts will work for AMD, or is the color white only applicable to half of all pc builders?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread! I have 2 questions:

Is there a way of determining which version of a particular RAM kit you will receive when ordering from an online vendor like Newegg or Amazon? Most QVLs specify certain versions, and I've read horror stories about people who have used incorrect versions of kits either having unstable systems or even failure to POST.

Has anyone had good success finding a 64 GB 3200MHz kit for an ASUS TUF x570-plus (wi-fi) mobo? It's my first AMD Ryzen build.

I've been pleased with Corsair RAM in the past, but I want to make sure I'm buying the right kit before I commit.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon, i have a 2700x amd ryzen 7 CPU, and a micro atx motherboard Asus prime B450M-A.

I bought the model CMK32GX4M2B3200C16, which according to what is here and in corsair website is compatible with my hardware.

But I can't get the maximum speed (3200Mhz). Whenever I turn on the XMP / D.O.C.P. the computer does not start.

I can only get a maximum speed of 2666mhz.

I would like to know what I can do and what is the problem?

I read many of you have the same problem, if you find a solution or a way to put the overclock values, can you post here the way you solve the problem, or the motherboard OC. values to have my system stabilized. THX

Edited by Patrício

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of Ryzen DDR4 Compatibility Questions that I was unable to find the answers to by searching this forum or the website:

Given the Ryzen 2000-3000 compatibility list, what does "AMD Optimized" mean? Another forum post responded that even if something isn't AMD Optimized, it should be fine "with the latest BIOS installed".

Is it safe to say that the 2000-3000 list is also true for the 5000 list, whenever that comes out? A Corsair staffer's post said "For memory we're recommending 3200-3600MHz kits for now. This may change as more information is given."

The specific compatibility I am trying to verify is CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 with a Ryzen 5600X on a ASUS ROG Strix B550-F. Unfortunately, the QVL page on ASUS' own website is blank/down, I cannot find their QVL in an alternate format.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Technobeard
not admin; corrected to Corsair staffer