Corsair Community

Hello fellow hardware enthusiasts! Jeff here from Corsair, and I wanted to start a thread which will keep track of and discuss information and questions related to the upcoming launch of Intel's Haswell CPUs.

There have been discussions related to compatibility of PSUs, CPU Coolers and memory, so we will start with those.

PSUs

In a recent blog post by PSU guru Jon Gerow, you can get all the information related to Haswell PSU compatibility, along with a detailed list of Corsair PSUs which have been tested for compatibility with Haswell.

Haswell compatibility with Corsair power supplies

CPU Coolers

Haswell CPUs require a new socket, the LGA 1150. This new socket has a different amount of pins than previous sockets, which means that a Haswell CPU would not be compatible with boards using LGA 1156, or 1155 socket. You will need a board with an LGA 1150 socket in order to use the new Haswell CPUs.

The actual mounting holes on the motherboard for CPU coolers have remained unchanged with the newest generation, they have the same spacing and layout as LGA 1156 and 1155 sockets. The good news here is that all current Hydro Series coolers are compatible with the new CPUs, and we have been able to test quite a few boards to ensure compatibility.

Memory

When it comes to memory, things couldn't be easier since the new CPUs have virtually the same compatibility with memory as the previous generations of Intel CPUs. If you are curious about compatibility with a particular system or motherboard, you can use our Memory Finder tool to double check.

Memory Finder

There will also be an upcoming blog post with some more detailed overclocking memory information in relation to Haswell, and I will link it up here once it has been posted.

• 4 weeks later...
For my i7 4770K Intel Haswell build I was looking over your newer Vengence Pro memory modules. I was looking to fill all 4 DIMM slots for an ASUS mobo at 16 GB. I noticed you do not have (4) 4 GB memory modules (do not need 32GB). Yet in your other series you do have. What do you think would be the reason for this? To fill these 4 slots, can I use the Dominator w/o any detriment or is there some new reasoning for the Haswells? Do the Dominators have XMP profile 1.3 and is this needed?

I just built a new system based on a 4770K and Maximus VI Extreme. I'm currently running a set of 4x8GB Dominator Platinum (CMD32GX3M4A2400C10). The system is unstable when there's a load with this set of RAM. Could this be a compatibility issue or a defective set of RAM?

• 3 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
I just built a new system based on a 4770K and Maximus VI Extreme. I'm currently running a set of 4x8GB Dominator Platinum (CMD32GX3M4A2400C10). The system is unstable when there's a load with this set of RAM. Could this be a compatibility issue or a defective set of RAM?

I'm running the same CPU and RAM at home (different motherboard, Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5). Haswell's memory controller is capable of hitting high speeds, but you actually need to bump the Vcore of the CPU itself to get there. Give it about +0.05V and see what happens.

Archived