Corsair Community

Help with H100i and push pull please?

PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi guys/gals,

I have the H110i GT with the 2 pre-installed fans.

I fancy moving to a push/pull cooling setup so I've purchased 4 ML140 fans to use with the radiator.

I also have a Corsair Commander Pro.

The H110i comes with a default 2 fan connectors so my question is, what would you recommend for the push/pull setup?

1. Connecting all 4 fans to the Commander Pro as well as the front 200mm fan and the rear exhaust fan
  2. Connecting 2 ML140s to the H110i's own connectors (push set) and leave the other 2 ML140s on the Commander Pro (pull set)
  3. Use splitters to connect 2 fans to each of the 2 outputs of the H110i

Would using the Commander Pro for all 4 radiator cooling fans cause a problem with the H110i saying there's no cooling running?

Thanks for your advice

AIDA64-SystemReport.txt

DO NOT use splitters with that cooler. You don't have enough power to do it as it's powered off of the fan header.

Either option 1 or 2 will work. I would suggest option 2. But option 1 won't cause a problem with the h100 saying that there isn't any cooling ... but it'll show zero fan speed. That's OK because it actually reports 1/2 the pump speed to the fan header.

Yeah, I thought that would be the case. Think I might go for option 2. Started using iCue, hopefully it will be intelligent enough to cope with the setup, seems a little buggy just now though.

Just noticed it's actually the H110i GT I've got too.

Thanks for the reply

Just noticed it's actually the H110i GT I've got too.

That changes the danger level quite a bit. The H100i GTX/v2 has a 1.0A current limit. Very easy to surpass with 4 fans. The H110i is 2.0A. Not going to get there with 4xML140. The H110i has 2 independent fans channels and my preference would still be two put on it and two more on the Commander Pro assuming you can spare 2 headers from the C-Pro. That will give you independent readings for each fan. You don't really need that, but it does let you play around with the values and have a higher degree of control. They can all run from coolant temp and it might be cleaner than double splitters up top.

Yeah, I thought the commander might give more control over individual fans, just worried about the system thinking the CPU isn't being cooled cos the fans aren't talking to the H110i.

It's also a Commander Mini unfortunately, still has the 6 fan headers but I do fancy the Commander Pro with the extra LED port and the 2 USB headers, more possibilities.

The H110i has a dummy motherboard lead that also reports pump speed to the BIOS. That goes on CPU fan and will prevent the typical boot error. As for actual control, the C-Pro makes the integration easy since you can set the control variable to whatever you want and directly copy fan curves. You can set all 4 fans to identical curves (or deliberately not) from within Link/iCUE on the desktop. No jumping in and out of the BIOS to make tiny fan tweaks.

The Commander Mini has somewhat been left out of the new generation of things. I don't use one, but it has limited purpose these days.

Shame really, I have a Commander Mini, which I have been using without a problem for quite some time, I also have a Commander Pro (still in it's box). The C mini is useful for controlling the old led strips and perfectly ok for controlling case fans. It's a shame that it's no longer supported.

Looking at the number of parts that are still in their boxes, I'm beginning to think that buying computer parts and actually using them are 2 different hobbies.

Archived