Corsair Community

Inverted Scrolling

jgardner04

This may be a simple issue of user error but I don't see a way for me to invert the direction of the scroll wheel. I did a search in the forum and didn't see anything before posting this.

Is there a way to invert the scroll wheel direction.

Running the Strafe RGB and the Scimitar RGB

People who use touchpads/laptops frequently may want to see this feature as i think most touchpad settings by default are inverted.

I've bought and used several types of laptops in the past years and I have never seen a touchpad "inverted"... :bigeyes:

• Corsair Employee
It is usually something you have to turn on. It mimics the scrolling like that of a touch screen device. It is simply a habit that I got into as I us my Surface Pro 3 when traveling for work away from my desktop.

I have been keeping a list of enhancements/ feature and user requests and will certainly add this to the list. This is not a guarantee that it will be available, but at least I make Corsair aware that there users who want this.

• 4 months later...
I have been keeping a list of enhancements/ feature and user requests and will certainly add this to the list. This is not a guarantee that it will be available, but at least I make Corsair aware that there users who want this.

i hope this simple feature gets added as it is frustrating to edit registry values just to invert scrolling.

It sure would be nice to have a toggle box to do this in CUE, but its simple enough to do in Powershell with the following:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopWheel -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopWheel 1 }

Then restart your OS for the change to go in to effect.

• 7 months later...
It sure would be nice to have a toggle box to do this in CUE, but its simple enough to do in Powershell with the following:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopWheel -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopWheel 1 }

Then restart your OS for the change to go in to effect.

Thanks, omencat. That did the trick. Excellent. No restart required for me, though. I just reconnected the mouse.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, thanks for the powershell command. it worked! that's lame that cue doesn't let me bind the scroll wheel. not just invert (though that is what i wanted to do). please add the feature in cue for me to set whatever i want to the scroll wheel

for scrolling webpages, an inverted wheel is more intuitive. instead of scrolling the bar up and down, i feel like i'm pushing the page up and down. but the main reason i invert it is that it's more intuitive in mmo, too! so, instead of feeling like i'm pulling myself towards and away from the character, i feel like i'm pulling the character closer or pushing it farther away

I agree that it would be useful to be able to bind the "Scroll Up" and "Scroll Down" events created by rotating the mouse wheel to be able to emit other mouse events such as "Scroll Down" and "Scroll Up" to be able to effectively invert the mouse direction within CUE.

One may also wish to be able to make it so that rotating the mouse wheel would fire off a set of mouse clicks, to be able to do a sort of semi-automatic firing. :-)

Archived