Corsair Community

K70 RGB - Screensaver profile switch

VCVC

Hello everyone! I have bought the K70 RGB a few days ago and so far I love it.

I am trying to set CUE to switch in to a specific profile when the screensaver kicks in.

I created a new profile with a rainbow lightning effect and linked it to the .scr file (tried a few of them with the same results).

When I click the Preview button in the screensaver window the profile indeed changes, but when I wait and let the screensaver to kick in by itself the profile doesn't change.

I have searched the forums and came across a couple of old threads with the same question but with no solution.

Hopefully someone knows how to make this work.

Yep, possible. Piece of software a user made a while back called IdleKey. I've downloaded it a few months ago but never bothered to set it up. Get it in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=136064

It seems to not be working with windows 10 64bit, according to numerous posts in that thread, which I can see in your PC Specs you are indeed using... but good program for others not using that OS.

Yep, possible. Piece of software a user made a while back called IdleKey. I've downloaded it a few months ago but never bothered to set it up. Get it in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=136064

It seems to not be working with windows 10 64bit, according to numerous posts in that thread, which I can see in your PC Specs you are indeed using... but good program for others not using that OS.

Yes, I saw that thread and thought this is the solution until I reached the last posts in the thread that say its not working in windows 10.

If you're using 64-bit Windows, try linking to the .scr file in the SysWOW64 folder rather than the System32 folder.

I tried both folders but it still doesn't work...

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone! I have bought the K70 RGB a few days ago and so far I love it.

I am trying to set CUE to switch in to a specific profile when the screensaver kicks in.

I created a new profile with a rainbow lightning effect and linked it to the .scr file (tried a few of them with the same results).

When I click the Preview button in the screensaver window the profile indeed changes, but when I wait and let the screensaver to kick in by itself the profile doesn't change.

I have searched the forums and came across a couple of old threads with the same question but with no solution.

Hopefully someone knows how to make this work.

I use a timer action in CUE that retains original key action and switches to my idle profile on timer expiry, where the timer is reset if the key is pressed again, and bind it to my Enter key. In my idle profile, I define actions retaining original key input and switch back to my active profile.

Archived