Corsair Community

iCue installation causes problems with my fans!

UMUX

Just built a big machine 4x2080ti, 24 fans. In a Corsair 1000D.

Motherboard: X299 Aorus Master.

All fans from EKWB.

Everything was working smoothly. All fans could be controlled with Smart Fan from Gigabyte. However, I installed iCue so that I could control the RGB on the 1000D.

Immediately as I installed iCue, all fans got loud and now they're loud, starting and stopping. I tried unstalling iCue but no way back to the way I had it. It seems changing profiles in Smart Fan no longer works either. So who knows what happened when I installed iCue.

What can I do to fix this? I've tried changing profile in BIOS for the fans, but the issue continues.

Reinstall Windows?

Would appreciate ideas!

Do like me..Install icue for the RGB controle and install D link for the fan speed controle..its the only way you can controle fans 100 % icue is so buggy.. i hate it.

Thanks! Removing iCue completely (keeping my rainbow lights on the case), using Link together with Smart Fan from Gigabyte seems to be the good combo.

Any fans connected with splitters (+ molex) to the motherboard headers seems to be controlled nicely, but those connected to the commander pro was a mess to control. What I had to do was set a fixed % rpm on any fans connected to the commander pro. That worked. Just probably have to manually up it if I do heavy rendering..

Thanks for the tip.

Where are your fans connected? To the motherboard or to the CoPro that comes with the 1000D?

I've got 24 fans, with 4 headers on the motherboard + the commander pro, so they're connected across all.

On the 4 headers, I'm using splitters into 4 (with molex). On the commander pro, on the first fan port, I got another splitter (with molex), and the 5 remaining ports on the CP, I go direct to fans.

Archived