Corsair Community

Obsidian 1000d Help with front panel connectors.

gevp

Hello,

Building a new PC, and trying to figure out what pieces do I need to get the front panel fully operational.

My motherboard has 2x 20-1 pin USB 3.0 headers and 1x USB Type -E header. I'm missing one more entry to get all ports working.

Though, my main concerns is that the front USB might be bad, since I dont get any of the ports working(the USB - C) when either of the 3.1 cables are connected. Is this expected or am I missing something? I tested attempting ot make my phone charge on when doing checking POST. The 4 USB ports work fine, but the two type -C ports dont work(tried connecting each 3.1 channel).

I verified, and the motherboard says the port is enabled.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? There are 2 USB-Type C ports on the front, and two USB Type E cables inside the case. I try connecting one cable, then plug my phone into the USB-C to test for power. Try both ports then switch the cables, and got no power from both. This worked for the USB 3.0 ports(the four ports).

I'm gonna attempt the following 3.1 -> 3.0 -> 3.0 Header splitter -> 2x 3.0 to 3.1 and connect both to see if it works. Also will check if its the mobo or the case by swapping the 3.0 headers that feed the front port. and t4ry connecting it to the 3.0 from the the converted 3.1.

I still think is weird I got no power with any of the cables in both the USB -C ports in the front panel.

• 1 month later...
I verified, and the motherboard says the port is enabled.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? There are 2 USB-Type C ports on the front, and two USB Type E cables inside the case. I try connecting one cable, then plug my phone into the USB-C to test for power. Try both ports then switch the cables, and got no power from both. This worked for the USB 3.0 ports(the four ports).

I'm gonna attempt the following 3.1 -> 3.0 -> 3.0 Header splitter -> 2x 3.0 to 3.1 and connect both to see if it works. Also will check if its the mobo or the case by swapping the 3.0 headers that feed the front port. and t4ry connecting it to the 3.0 from the the converted 3.1.

I still think is weird I got no power with any of the cables in both the USB -C ports in the front panel.

Hi, Im currently having the same issues have you fixed yours?

• 1 month later...

Archived