Corsair Community

K70 caps, num, scroll lights not working

jacobite1

Hi, Any idea how to get the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock lights to work on a K70 ( Red ).

Caps and num lock will work when in BIOS mode, but then you get the very annoying blinking Scroll lock light.

In all other modes the indicator lights refuse to function, although the actions do appear to work ok. I can live without the other two, but a working Caps lock indicator would be a real help.

MB is Asus Sabre X58 with latest bios.

OS is Linux 64bit ( Mint )

Only use the keyboard for typing as not interested in games. Just wanted a solid mechanical keyboard.

Cheers

Alan

• 3 months later...

I just bought this keyboard and I'm having the same problem in Linux. I've updated to the newest firmware for the keyboard (FW 1-09 posted here) but it didn't fix the problem.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think there is a fix for the NumLock, Caps Lock, etc L.E.D.s when its on a non Windows Operating system e.g. Mac OSX and Linux.

Hm... I guess I found the reason why this is not working on Linux. If you connect two keyboards to a Windows machine and press Caps-Lock on one of them then the LED on both keyboards is toggled. If you do the same on Linux then this is not the case. Each keyboard has its own LED state and the keyboard is responsible for toggling it.

The K70 is recognized as TWO keyboards in the Windows Device manager. So I guess the LEDs and the keyboard itself are separate devices when not running the keyboard in BIOS-mode. So on windows the LEDs are informed by Windows about the various Lock-States. That's why it works on Windows. On Linux this does not work because the keyboard should toggle the LEDs itself. It does that in BIOS mode but then you have the annoying scroll-lock-LED-flashing.

That's really a shame. I bought this keyboard for Gaming on Windows and Coding on Linux... I have another even more annoying issue on Linux which does not occur on Windows and I guess I have to send the keyboard back because I really don't want to pay a price as high as this for a Windows-only keyboard...

• 1 year later...

Archived