Corsair Community

Faulty keyboard purchased 10 ago - still have to go through the long RMA process?

Hello,

As title says, I was wondering why does the system work like that. Instead of being told to go replace the keyboard at the retailer with some kind of confirmation to present at the store, I've got an RMA approved for a keyboard that's 10 days old, and considering the holiday season, I'm sure it will take at least a month to go there and then back to me...

• Corsair Employee

Hello FurudoErika,

We recommend that if you can go to your retailer where you purchased your item from and process an exchange. If you are well within the return and exchange period it would be a lot faster to get your item replaced.

I will definitely bring it to our attention to see why going to the retailer was not brought up. I am sorry that this has happened. Please let me know what the ticket number is , so that we can look into this.

Thanks,

Wootaru

Hello,

Ticket number is 800256. I was getting worried about waiting for almost a week for a reply, and then decided to contact the twitter support account. After contacting them, the ticket was updated. I haven't visited the retailer yet, I'll be able to go there in a couple of days.

Hello FurudoErika,

We recommend that if you can go to your retailer where you purchased your item from and process an exchange. If you are well within the return and exchange period it would be a lot faster to get your item replaced.

I will definitely bring it to our attention to see why going to the retailer was not brought up. I am sorry that this has happened. Please let me know what the ticket number is , so that we can look into this.

Thanks,

Wootaru

Hello again,

Today I was finally able to visit my retailer. They refused to accept my exchange with Corsair support and the actual RMA approval as reason enough to replace the keyboard no questions asked; instead, they told me they'll have to take the keyboard for 'their own testing' for a couple of days to make the final verdict.

I just wanted to ask - is this normal? Is there no way to get Corsair's word that replacement is approved to the retailer?

• Corsair Employee

Hello FurudoErika,

If the item is defective, we highly recommend that you go to the retailer, because since you are a customer of their store as well, and it would be a faster resolution to get it replaced. Since you are in a different area than us, is it stated anywhere in your country where if you have a defective item you cannot exchange it without the item being tested? You showed me pictures of the keyboard and it looks like it isn't working as intended.

I find it weird that they would require a test of the product, within a short period of time that you had it, instead of just exchanging it.

Please let me know what you end up doing.

Thanks,

Wootaru

Archived