Corsair Community

Issue with Corsair 460x case and SP120

divprn

Hello Guys!

I recently got my self Corsair 460x case which came with 3 SP120 RGB fans included. I installed one more SP120 on top of the case for exhaust. The problem is that the fans are working, but the led's are not. Here's a link to the video I made the shows the problem:

[ame]https://youtu.be/ydaABBg2Oqs[/ame]

As you can see in the video, the fans are working but the led's are not. I'm not sure what the problem is. Initially during the very first POST, 2 out of 4 Fans were working fine (i.e, led's were glowing in them), but then all of them stopped working.

I'm not sure, whether the issue is with the fans or with controller/hub that came with the case. As there's no way to check for the working of the led's without the corsair's led controller and hub. And I can't find any place which sells the led controller and hub separately (and that ships to India).

And there's no Corsair service center in my city. The nearest city which has a service center is 350 Kilometes away.

Any guidance will be helpful.

Kind Regards

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I tried that. That's how I installed it initially, and got 2 fans working out of 4. From 2nd POST onward, the all the leds stopped working, so I tried to plugin the last fan in 6th port in order to check, but it was useless as well so I just left it there.

Even if I remove the 4th fan (which is connected to the 6th port of the hub in the video), the front 3 fans should work, Right? But it doesn't.

what snapper said would be a good thing to try. if that doesnt fix it, disconnect them from the hub and check them all individually in port 1. If one of your fans has a problem then it wont let the data pass through from fan to fan and it will kill the chain. Think of it as a series connection rather than parallel connections. if one of them goes down all of them will stop working.

Thanks guys for the comment.

I tried changing the Sata cables, still no LEDs. I was just wondering if the controller was faulty. As I can see some kind of burn mark on one of the edges of the hub.

Image link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppg454lhy65wscs/20170221_211852.jpg?dl=0

Is the hub itself faulty and it fried the LEDs of the fans aswell? :thinking:

Archived