Corsair Community

Vengeance XMP profiles

ritaylor

I just got a kit of vengeance memory - CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 - and there were 2 XMP profiles. Profile 1 had ram at 1.50, Vtt at 1.20 and timings of 9-9-9-24 2t. Profile 2 had ram at 1.50, Vtt at 1.35 and timings of 6-9-9-24 2t. Is this right? The "6" seems way out of line. Could the SPD be programed wrong?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The six is the first number listed in the xmp profile 2 configuration in the bios. On my motherboard, it is listed as 6-9-9-24-2t-1.50-1.35 at the top of the A. I. Tweaker settings. CPUz also reads the 6 as cas latency in the second XMP-1600 under the SPD tab. And just for the record, the computer won't post with it set to profile 2. It says "overclocking failed".

The six is the first number listed in the xmp profile 2 configuration in the bios. On my motherboard, it is listed as 6-9-9-24-2t-1.50-1.35 at the top of the A. I. Tweaker settings. CPUz also reads the 6 as cas latency in the second XMP-1600 under the SPD tab. And just for the record, the computer won't post with it set to profile 2. It says "overclocking failed".

OK, keep in mind that with your CPU that you need to use profile #1 anyway. I will get back with you on this. Can you post a pic of your heat spreader showing the lot codes, etc or, post them here so we can check on this on the mfg side please?

I don't have the set installed at the moment. I took them out as I have already asked for a RMA. Trust me... XMP1 is set at 9-9-9-24 2t @ 1.5 volts and XMP2 is 6-9-9-24 2t @ 1.5 volts. My friend has the same Vengeance set (different version. His version is 5.11) and according to his both XMP settings are exactly the same except one has vtt @ 1.35 and the other is 1.2

Sorry to barge in here like this, but I just installed not the exact same set of 12-GB modules, but the 24-GB Vengeance modules from NewEgg and now I stumble across this unnerving post. I’ve set mine to run at XMP-1, all modules checked out with MemTest86, no errors.

I too noticed the weird CAS 6 setting in XMP-2 profile but never attempted to launch with it enabled. What's going on here? I hope this doesn’t entail a long drawn out RMA process, but if its corrupt programing within the module’s SPD, well what else. Please let me know what your findings are.

See pics of RAM label and BIOS Performance screen &

SPD Tab in CPU-Z for all six modules:

DSC01352--2.thumb.jpg.d90a8670d19bbcdee8ca1d7e86462737.jpg

1719484410_DSC01355--2.thumb.jpg.c971ca9e27a0409b6fb0df5cd14a6d65.jpg

1911330643_CAS-6cpuz.thumb.jpg.76696834ae6be3db29a03ce92fd4aec7.jpg

Sorry to barge in here like this, but I just installed not the exact same set of 12-GB modules, but the 24-GB Vengeance modules from NewEgg and now I stumble across this unnerving post. I’ve set mine to run at XMP-1, all modules checked out with MemTest86, no errors.

I too noticed the weird CAS 6 setting in XMP-2 profile but never attempted to launch with it enabled. What's going on here? I hope this doesn’t entail a long drawn out RMA process, but if its corrupt programing within the module’s SPD, well what else. Please let me know what your findings are.

See pics of RAM label and BIOS Performance screen:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=710

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=711

It may be "incorrect" but it is not corrupt. If you would like them replaced, use the RMA link on the left side of this page. Also, please post the same information as requested above.

I've only had the modules for about a week. I wonder if I swapped them out through NewEgg, what the chances might be that I would receive another problematic batch; would there be less of a chance this happening taking the process through Corsair? Also, RMA through NewEgg is like three weeks. What a bummer!

The RAM at XMP-1 seems to be doing just fine. For now, even if I never need what ever XMP-2 profile is supposed to provide. That's not the point, one shouldn't expect a need to keep high $$$ merchandise thats plagued with 'clerical errors'. Although, the nusance of an RMA might make it so.

Yellowbeard – I’ve managed to retrieve my previous RAM modules that I can use while processing an RMA. Like the gentleman’s thread I jumped into here, I think I should get them exchanged. Otherwise, it’ll just keep nagging at me. I know to some it might seem as inconsequential, but…….others are cursed with perfectionism.

I would still like to know what the manufacturer has to say about this.

Thanks for all of your help!

Can you get us the lot codes off of both sets that would help?

I'm already in RMA process but I managed to get the lot codes (I think). The code on the ver2.12 is 111300107 and the code on the ver5.11 is 10470602. The ver2.12 is the version with the odd settings.

See pics of RAM label and BIOS Performance screen &

SPD Tab in CPU-Z for all six modules:

The cas setting is not the only thing that is different between the two XMP profiles. The one with the cas 9 has vtt 1.2 volts and the one with cas 6 has vtt of 1.35 volts. According to a post I read here, the Gulftown cpus require 1.2 volts and the other cpus are supposed to use 1.35. You could really get in a mess if you wanted to use XMP with 1.35v. The computer would likely not post. You'd have to set everything manually which kinda negates the purpose of XMP.

-snip- You'd have to set everything manually which kinda negates the purpose of XMP.

I totally agree!!!

Sorry for tresspassing all over your thread. I guess I should have started my own trouble shooting thing. This is my first post here so I'm a little clumsy at it.

Archived