Corsair Community

bd1m

I bought this early 2016. The radiator has formed a hotspot on the end near the tubing when doing simple loads even if my gpu is doing most of the work. It gets worse when my display turns off. It somehow heats up the liquid temp even more yet the fans are still spinning with the temps profile settings. Its not the cpu (less than year old delid 7820x with proper kryonaut application in cold room during winter). I don't have the original packaging and it would be my only cooler so I can't send it out to RMA with all my work in class needing to be done at a consistent rate. So I want to get a new one, so I started looking at the h115i pro and platinum since I don't wanna deal with 120mm fans and the original is slowly discontinuing. Both models are said to have different pumps so I wanted to ask which would technically be better via comparison to mine in terms of pump, noise and cooling with 4 corsair 140ML pro fans in push/pull in a phanteks enthoo luxe?

• Corsair Employee

We offer two options for replacement. If you're willing, you could speak with our support team for the details.

If you want to go with a new cooler, both are great choices. Both AIOs have different pumps, the Platinum cooler's pump runs a little higher than our previous models, to allow more flow. It also offers more dynamic RGB elements with the pump/fans. It can have a slight hum, but I highly doubt you'll hear it in a push/pull config.

The Pro offers single zone lighting on the pump head and is very efficient with keeping the processor cool. Cooling wise, both will for sure get the job done. It'll come down to how you'll control the fans RPM to prevent it from being noisy.

Thanks for the response. the pump on my h115i stays around 2100rpm which is unnoticeable compared to my 2 3.5 6tb HDDs. So I would'nt mind maybe getting the platinum which is around 2400rpm according to owners (the issue is the rumored pump noise that is louder than advertised. But for now I made a ticket regarding my cooler since no one is able to live chat at the time I posted this message.

You can peruse the cooling thread a bit for more info. The big differences are:

1) The OEM (if that matters to you).

2) The Platinum has an internal RGB controller allowing you some wilder pump effects and default RGB fans without extra hardware. If you are new to Corsair RGB, this can be helpful to get familiar. If you already have the gear and fans, it may not be.

3) The Pro series has a very quiet 1100 rpm mode for those that need really low noise while working quietly. Med speed 2160, Extreme Speed 2850. The platinum is two speed at 2400/~2900.

4) Professional reviews claim a small efficiency improvement on the block for thermal transfer. I have not done a back to back from H115i Pro to Platinum to back that up. Someone else might have.

Archived