Corsair Community

Made by calprogrammer1 and edited by Bill for .Net Framework I think.

Someone compiled the binaries that Bill Made. Here is the

DL Link: http:///1BEMiGk

Youtube Link: [ame]

[/ame]

Here is my Question: Can someone help me get through this with my K95 RGB Keyboard? :D Can't seem to find the code where I could edit the ID of the Keyboard to a K95.

Or can someone help me do the Music Visualizer for the K95 RGB. :) hihi :p:

Thanks in Advance. :)

I think you have to edit the device ID here in KeyboardWriter.cs

private int InitKeyboard()
       {
           Console.WriteLine("Searching for Corsair K70 RGB keyboard...");

[b]this.keyboardUsbDevice = this.GetDeviceHandle(0x1B1C, 0x1B13, 0x3);[/b]

Yeah, I've read about that in that youtube video comments, they are saying that 0x1B1C/13 is the ID for k70 or something. Can't figure out what ID is for k95 RGB. Can you tell me what? and how did you decode/debug the code from what is uploaded in that download link? Please show me how. :D thanks

:p::p::p:

That doesn't seem like the right line, it's just a line to output a message to the console

I think that he's right. :D I've read what bill said it is in line 262 from KeyboardWriter.cs file. :D just cant find a way to debug that from the Download link up there. :D

That's absolutely the right line. Change it to:

{
           Console.WriteLine("Searching for Corsair K95 RGB keyboard...");

this.keyboardUsbDevice = this.GetDeviceHandle(0x1B1C, 0x1B11, 0x3);

The 0x1B13 becomes 0x1B11.

I'm currently tweaking the software, myself, because I don't like the way it seems to be mish-mashing frequency bands on top of each other. It creates a very noisy pattern. I'll let you guys know if I get it working the way I like on the K95.

Also, without tweaking it at all, the G keys will just stay white. I'm extending the bass registers to hit the G keys, instead.

I'm hoping to have it the way I like it within a couple days. If I do, I'll provide my source code and I can provide a compiled binary that you can simply download and run. ^_^

That's absolutely the right line. Change it to:

{
           Console.WriteLine("Searching for Corsair K95 RGB keyboard...");

this.keyboardUsbDevice = this.GetDeviceHandle(0x1B1C, 0x1B11, 0x3);

The 0x1B13 becomes 0x1B11.

I'm currently tweaking the software, myself, because I don't like the way it seems to be mish-mashing frequency bands on top of each other. It creates a very noisy pattern. I'll let you guys know if I get it working the way I like on the K95.

Also, without tweaking it at all, the G keys will just stay white. I'm extending the bass registers to hit the G keys, instead.

I'm hoping to have it the way I like it within a couple days. If I do, I'll provide my source code and I can provide a compiled binary that you can simply download and run. ^_^

Ooooohh. that would be cool. :) Thank you. I'm looking forward to be using it soon. :D Goodluck tho. :D :o::o::o:

Here is one compiled with the K95 ID: (G keys stay white.)

http://GoogleURLShortenerHere/QTeJry

It's a google URL shortener link if this isn't showing for others. (I read the rules on the welcome page it only mentioned not to spam around the filter and I don't think this applies, not sure why it is censored?)

Literally only changed the id in the whole thing the rest is identical so take it as you will. It definitely activates on my K95, and seems to be working fine. Just have to have my music at extremely low levels for it to not max out the keyboard constantly. (45% at the moment in VLC and it's pretty much maxing most songs I throw at it.) Probably have to turn down the virtual input and up the outbound so it doesn't affect what the keyboard sees.

EDIT: Before I get crucified -- all credit goes to CalcProgrammer and Bill K for the code here. I just changed a number and hit build :P (Although this does seem interesting to get into. Having a background in C I might tinker with it a bit...)

I'm getting closer to completing my K95 port. I'm just having this really weird issue where the algorithms behind assigning lights to the field is essentially not lighting up G11 and G12. Once that's done, and I scale my output in a logarithmic shape instead of linear, I'll be pretty much finished.

I'll let everyone know when I do complete it. :)

Here is one compiled with the K95 ID: (G keys stay white.)

http://GoogleURLShortenerHere/QTeJry

It's a google URL shortener link if this isn't showing for others. (I read the rules on the welcome page it only mentioned not to spam around the filter and I don't think this applies, not sure why it is censored?)

Literally only changed the id in the whole thing the rest is identical so take it as you will. It definitely activates on my K95, and seems to be working fine. Just have to have my music at extremely low levels for it to not max out the keyboard constantly. (45% at the moment in VLC and it's pretty much maxing most songs I throw at it.) Probably have to turn down the virtual input and up the outbound so it doesn't affect what the keyboard sees.

EDIT: Before I get crucified -- all credit goes to CalcProgrammer and Bill K for the code here. I just changed a number and hit build :P (Although this does seem interesting to get into. Having a background in C I might tinker with it a bit...)

Oooooh. Ill try that now. :D many thanks for this tho. :D Big life saver. :o::o::D:

EDIT: Can't seem to download or visit the link that you gave. :D

EDIT(AGAIN): It worked after all. I tried http://goo.gl/QTeJry and it worked. :D I hope this file works for me. :) Thanks for the upload tho. :D

I'm getting closer to completing my K95 port. I'm just having this really weird issue where the algorithms behind assigning lights to the field is essentially not lighting up G11 and G12. Once that's done, and I scale my output in a logarithmic shape instead of linear, I'll be pretty much finished.

I'll let everyone know when I do complete it. :)

Woot Woooot!! :D Go for it Elestriel. I'll be your moral support. :D GL. :D

I can't see what you posted, broken picture here on my end. Make sure you set where the music is coming from as your default recording device. (I have a virtual connection going from a Virtual audio cable program as the default recording option and then have that being repeated to my main output so I can hear it as well as the keyboard.)

The basic program is super-duper sensitive, and only "properly" picks up ranges from 0Hz to 4KHz. If your signal is noisy at all (which it will be, assuming you're not using $15,000 equipment), the keyboard will just light up with junk.

I'm currently tweaking the range of sensitivities that will affect things like this. It'll take a little bit to pick up, and it'll scale cleaner. If you're familiar with Winamp, I'm trying to get the keyboard to react similarly to the spectrograph you see in it whilst listening to music.

I'm working right now on getting the scaling just right, then I'll probably have to smooth it as the compression will cause weird peaks, then I'll be working on getting the lows to respond slower and the highs to respond faster, since as it is now, the bass section of the keyboard will be lit up like 95% of the time.

Progress is being made! =^_^=

Once I get it the way I like it, I'm considering building a small GUI so that users can change the scaling type (logarithmic or linear), background effect (rainbow, solid colours, etc), and the colour of the spectrograph bands from white to whatever they want. Once that is done, I'll maybe play with new visualization types, such as an oscilloscope.

To everyone eagerly awaiting this: I'm working hard on it! There's a lot of new stuff that I had to learn but now that I have a good understanding of how this works (and not to mention changed a good chunk of it) so progress will be quicker.

I can't see what you posted, broken picture here on my end. Make sure you set where the music is coming from as your default recording device. (I have a virtual connection going from a Virtual audio cable program as the default recording option and then have that being repeated to my main output so I can hear it as well as the keyboard.)

Ok, ill just explain, the picture malfunctioned. :D LOL!

When I open the program, it detects some sound even if my music is paused, mic muted. I don't know why it behaves like that, I made Sterio Mix my default recording device.

TIA. :)

The basic program is super-duper sensitive, and only "properly" picks up ranges from 0Hz to 4KHz. If your signal is noisy at all (which it will be, assuming you're not using $15,000 equipment), the keyboard will just light up with junk.

I'm currently tweaking the range of sensitivities that will affect things like this. It'll take a little bit to pick up, and it'll scale cleaner. If you're familiar with Winamp, I'm trying to get the keyboard to react similarly to the spectrograph you see in it whilst listening to music.

I'm working right now on getting the scaling just right, then I'll probably have to smooth it as the compression will cause weird peaks, then I'll be working on getting the lows to respond slower and the highs to respond faster, since as it is now, the bass section of the keyboard will be lit up like 95% of the time.

Progress is being made! =^_^=

Once I get it the way I like it, I'm considering building a small GUI so that users can change the scaling type (logarithmic or linear), background effect (rainbow, solid colours, etc), and the colour of the spectrograph bands from white to whatever they want. Once that is done, I'll maybe play with new visualization types, such as an oscilloscope.

To everyone eagerly awaiting this: I'm working hard on it! There's a lot of new stuff that I had to learn but now that I have a good understanding of how this works (and not to mention changed a good chunk of it) so progress will be quicker.

Ooooh. I like the sound of that. :D looking forward to use that. :D Goodluck on your work. :p::p: You can do it! LOOOL! ;):

By default, it's kind of "staticy" for some reason. You want to lower the amplitude from 10.0 to something like 1.0.

Hmm. I see, but how can I lower that? Should I use another recording device? ::pirate::

Elestriel posted his version of Audio Visualizer here: LINK :o::o:

Archived