Corsair Community

M90_Need To Understand The MR Function Better

007vsMagua

I have a pretty good idea of how to set up single keystrokes using the M90 software, but last night while playing L4D2 I thought it might be useful to set up a macro to do multiple keystrokes at the same time. I have no experience using macro's, but it seems like it should be possible.

Currently, I have button 12 programmed to P (Duck) and button 13 programmed to O (Scope), and I thought wouldn't it be nice to have both functions programmed to one button. So, while "Hello World" may be useful to some, I found it didn't make it easy to understand how to assign two keystrokes to one button. With some experimenting it looked like I got the job done, but when I went in-game to test, all pressing button 13 did was to scope...no duck. Ducking is nice because it slows the dpi down.

I should mention that when using single keystroke assignments for duck and scope in L4D2, pressing button 12 for duck requires the button to be held down to hold the duck position, but pressing button 13 for scope requires pressing button 13 again to unscope. In the L4D2 keyboard menu there are no toggle options. If I could even add the Sniper button to this macro would be even better.

Below are a couple of screenshots of how the current macro looks in the software, and I'm also using Hardware Playback.

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/007vsMagua/M90_PlaybackOption.jpg

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/007vsMagua/M90_DelayOption.jpg

Did you assign the profile an LED and Saved it to the M90?

Go to the manage profiles tab > click the LED dots > assign the profile and click save to M90. After that try your button again in-game.

Not only did I save it, I filled 4 profile slots with different versions of the macro:

> P < > O < .... Ignore delays

> O < > P < .... Ignore Delays

> P < > O < .... Default Delay

> O < > P < .... Default Delay

Profile 1 is my Desktop Profile and Profile 6 is my normal L4D2 Profile. I created and stored all 6 profiles after a clean reflash. I standardized Profile Up/Down and DPI Up/Down in all six profiles. Testing the 4 different macros in L4D2 resulted in the same action...Scope works, but no Duck.

The method I used to create the Macro:

Click .... MR

Click .... 13

Enter .... Keyboard Stroke

Enter .... Keyboard Stroke

Select .... Playback Options > 1

Select .... Delay Options

Enter Name In Box .... Next to 'Assign Button 13>'

Done .... Saved to Profile

EDIT: But like I mentioned in the op when single keystrokes are bound to individual buttons, during game play the duck button must be held down to duck and when the button is released, the stand position is resumed. The dedicated scope button is clicked once to activate, and then clicked again to deactivate. So I'm wondering is it possible for these two different keystroke types to be combined into a macro?

• Corsair Employee
It is a complicated macro. The issue is programming how long you stay crouched for, and how long you stay in snipe mode. Let's say we program the macro to crouch. Normally you can program the key to stay depressed with the playback option until you press it again to stand up in game. However, if you add it to the macro to stay in snipe mode, you can't keep it permanently depressed because now you have to add in "snipe." Imagine if you had to get up really quick in game -- you can't because you're not able to toggle standing with the snipe command still in place. It's best to program 1 macro to stay crouched and then pressing it stands, and programming another button to stay sniped, and pressing it again gets you out of it. (Great game btw, I have at least 500 hours for L4D2).

It is a complicated macro. The issue is programming how long you stay crouched for, and how long you stay in snipe mode. Let's say we program the macro to crouch. Normally you can program the key to stay depressed with the playback option until you press it again to stand up in game. However, if you add it to the macro to stay in snipe mode, you can't keep it permanently depressed because now you have to add in "snipe." Imagine if you had to get up really quick in game -- you can't because you're not able to toggle standing with the snipe command still in place. It's best to program 1 macro to stay crouched and then pressing it stands, and programming another button to stay sniped, and pressing it again gets you out of it. (Great game btw, I have at least 500 hours for L4D2).

It is a great game and I have as many hours too. I've been trying to program the macro to crouch, taking snipe out of the equation, but it will not stay crouched, it just sort of jitters. It would be nice to figure out how to program it to stay crouched until the button is pressed again, so that I don't have to hold down two buttons at the same time.

• Corsair Employee
Set delay options to ignore delay, then click MR, click the button to assign it to, then input the key for crouch (default is c I believe?). Then for playback options choose the last one. This playback means when you press the button, it repeats the macro until you click it again. This should keep you crouched until you press it again.

Archived