Corsair Community

K95 RGB Rainbow demo ?

Dicehunter

So yesterday I turned off my computer and the K95 started to do the rainbow demo we saw on one of the computex or CES show videos, Is there anyway to turn this on manually ?

It was like this non stop and looked awesome -

http://i.imgur.com/i0jOJyq.gif

If you find out let m know. I have not been able to make a smooth loop myself. I was trying to make a endless scrolling rainbow.

Will do bud, I'm a little baffled though as this exact mode turned itself on when I turned my computer off and it stayed on that pulsating rainbow until I unplugged it from the PC and I haven't seen it again :confused:

So yesterday I turned off my computer and the K95 started to do the rainbow demo we saw on one of the computex or CES show videos, Is there anyway to turn this on manually ?

It was like this non stop and looked awesome -

http://i.imgur.com/i0jOJyq.gif

SAME THING happned to me but on my K70 rgb, and also my occurence was a bit different. We had a power outage here in my house and it took an hour for power to come back on but when the power came on my k70 rgb was in the rainbow mode before the pc was even on. Then i booted up and it was gone and went back to the normal mode. Mind you i completely uninstalled the corsair software that came with it due to what other posts said saved them headaches. so i uninstalled mines about 2 weeks ago but yea, i got the rainbow effect too. As awesome as it looked i wish to damn it would have stayed, but the strange thing really is that i dont have the software installed and it was in the rainbow demo mode.....

-baffled

The same thing happened to us! Last Saturday we had a power outage and when turned the computer back on.......rainbows out of nowhere! It looks awesome and was one of the profiles I had planned on trying to build. Once I opened the CUE and selected the default it went away:[pouts: I would like to know where the heck that came from and how to enable it.

Truth be told I have been unable to do any light effects profiles...not one. I sat down to try to figure it out and decided to check the forum for tips. This utility sucks!!!!!!! Talk about not intuitive:mad: My keyboard otherwise seems to work fine, we haven't experienced any glitches or compatibility issues with my rig. Just stuck with the default lighting set up.

They said that that's the default profile the keyboard uses while it's in a "standby mode" and it is currently NOT possible to replicate the same exact thing with the CUE software. We might be able to do that once they add LUA scripting support however, or at least I remember Corsair James saying something along those lines.

I wouldn't know how to replicate it in the software, however if you want to see this mode and enable it at will, simply unplug both USB cables from your computer and plug ONLY the one that has the two arrows (not the keyboard one) into a USB 2.0 / USB3.0. It should take a while then you will see all keys illuminated red with the exception of arrows and WSAD being white, then if you press a key or wait or something like that it will start the rainbow demo. This works on my K70 so I don't see why it should work on the K95 so give it a shot! But you will not be able to type until you plug the other one in.

I've experience this mode twice on my K70 RGB. But because the keyboard have an issue when I plugged it in to USB 2.0 port, the keyboard won't function normally and on the task bar there's pop up saying that one of my USB hardware/peripheral is malfunction (the keyboard). So I turning the PC off, and when I'm turning it on, the keyboard start to showing rainbow color. Is this sudden rainbow mode is an issue?

When I change the keyboard to USB 3.0 port I'm not experiencing malfunction pop up again. But other issue like corsair software crash when I'm open steam is still there :[pouts:

I've experience this mode twice on my K70 RGB. But because the keyboard have an issue when I plugged it in to USB 2.0 port, the keyboard won't function normally and on the task bar there's pop up saying that one of my USB hardware/peripheral is malfunction (the keyboard). So I turning the PC off, and when I'm turning it on, the keyboard start to showing rainbow color. Is this sudden rainbow mode is an issue?

When I change the keyboard to USB 3.0 port I'm not experiencing malfunction pop up again. But other issue like corsair software crash when I'm open steam is still there :[pouts:

did you plug it in 1 or 2 USB 2.0 ports??

• Corsair Employee

The demo mode comes on as a demo when there is USB power but no enumeration (think cell phone USB charger for example). Its not possible to get that demo when using the keyboard at this time, but I recommend using this profile:

Megarainbow: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=131994

Its very close to what you see above and I think its great.

As for the CUE software having issues when Steam is open, we're looking into this. If you haven't sent me your log files, feel free to attach it to your post here so I can pass it along.

The demo mode comes on as a demo when there is USB power but no enumeration (think cell phone USB charger for example). Its not possible to get that demo when using the keyboard at this time, but I recommend using this profile:

Megarainbow: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=131994

Its very close to what you see above and I think its great.

Sadly that doesn't work with the K95 and I'm not educated enough on the conversion process just yet.

• 2 months later...

I've found something pretty close to that, you can find it here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133248

IMPORTANT! Scroll all the way down to the 3 Zip files, install the one your keyboard needs, this zip file has all the profiles listed on that post, you need to enter the folder called SmSumodude20, and place the one called 'Rainbow Straight' somewhere you can find it, now add it to your profiles tab via the import section :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived