Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar RGB replacement

CSchwarz

I have a Scimitar RGB nearly 2 years old and the left click has started randomly double clicking. It has had lots of full time use in that time, so while I expected better from the switches, a failure is acceptable...

I use it for programming, having the programmable 12-key buttons on the side is awesome.

*** Do I get the Scimitar Pro again? I click on the "Find a retailer" button on the corsair site and it says "Not found at any retailer". Is their about to be a new release or is corsair backing away from this mouse? Or is there a better option I haven't seen???

iCue has the bug today where my mouse isn't recognised (requiring a whole PC restart for it to be picked up again) and the mouse is no longer double clicking!

I haven't restarted the computer yet, so while I have lost my macros on the side buttons, I have gained the ability to left click without issue!

I'm no longer in the market for a new mouse, but I do need to work out the iCue issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I am glad that your mouse worked for 2 years. Mine just started giving double click after 6-7 months lol. I don't think there is any fix available for it and you might need to replace the mouse itself. Edited by faceline

Well, I am glad that your mouse worked for 2 years. Mine just started giving double click after 6-7 months lol. I don't think there is any fix available for it and you might need to replace the mouse itself.

Yeah - On order now. One of the selling points for me was actually the omron switches adertised with 10million click durability or something like that.

Oh well.. I have the 12 side switches integrated into my workflow now and they are really useful.

Actually ... order cancelled...

I rolled back the firmware using a manual method and then brought it up to date with iCue and now it is fine.

As per this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1011274#post1011274

Edited by CSchwarz