Corsair Community

VOID Pro Surround - Mic Issues

BuffetRaider

Just got the VOID Pro Surround yesterday after my first-gen VOID USB failed on me. Love that I can plug it into my Switch since the USB ports on the dock seem to be useless (honestly don't know why they're on the thing, nothing seems to work with those ports).

The only problem is that the microphone doesn't seem to detect any sound.

I have the latest driver for the headset and the latest version of CUE. Full system specs are in my profile. Even just running the Windows voice recognition wizard, no sound is being detected by the microphone. Discord and CS:GO are equally unresponsive. And I literally mean zero detection. It's not just barely registering, there is no sound coming through the microphone.

Has anyone else run into this?

Microphone wasn't working yesterday or today.

Yesterday I failed to notice that the USB dongle was tucked into the ear cup so I plugged it into the analog port on my motherboard IO panel. Got sound but no mic.

Today I found the USB dongle and until about ten minutes ago I was getting the same thing through that connection.

Uninstalled CUE, restarted, did a fresh install, unplugged/plugged in the dongle again and it works. It wasn't even showing up in CUE until I did that even though devmgmt.msc could see it clearly and reported it as functioning normally. Also have a K95 Platinum, hence the existing CUE install. The weird thing is that I updated CUE after remembering that it existed (I really haven't ever used it for anything, keyboard keys/lighting are all default lul) and at that point it started showing the headset I actually had connected instead of the demo VOID. But once I restarted CUE lost it again. Had to do a fresh install.

Archived