R1DD

Morning everyone, im new here so please be gentle :D:

I have the following

x2 ML140 INTAKE FRONT

H115i Platinum RADIATOR

x2 LL140 INTAKE ON BACK OF RADIATOR

x2 LL120 EXHAUST TOP

x1 LL120 EXHAUST BACK

I have the x2 ML140s connected to my H115I Platinum, the rest are connected to my commander pro.

When the x2 ML140s are connected to the fan headers that come on the pump i can only get 900rpm on extreme, when i connect them to the commander pro i can get 1300 on extreme.

As you can see, i have 7 fans but only 6 ports on the commander pro, i have included a picture, can some one please advise me the best way to connect these up, I suppose what im asking is... should i connect the back exhaust fan to the board (cha fan2) and the rest of the fans to the commander pro??

Thank you so much

attachment.php?attachmentid=35147&stc=1&d=1549967561

image0.thumb.jpg.f172aef24650f922e9ef550f7539372b.jpg

For the fan connected to the cooler - the fan speed is dependent on the coolant temperature. If your coolant temp is low, they won't spin fast ... so I'm going to guess that your coolant temp is low - under 30C. That's a good thing.

On the Commander Pro, you can use a couple of 2 way splitters. Do not use 3-way splitters (that seems to break the fan header). That way you can control all of the fans on the Commander Pro. And I'd put either the second radiator fans or the top fans on that splitter.

Finally ... on fan speeds, consider the airflow more than the raw speed. You don't have much intake in that configuration and a lot of exhaust. That will lead you into a negative pressure situation - and this can cause dust issues. Instead, use fan speeds to moderate the flow and provide positive pressure. This helps keep dust out of the case.

Thank you so much mate, i also thought doing push/pull on the front fans would be enough intake, would you suggest i keep the 2 ML140 fans connected to the pump headers or use the splitter with the commander pro?

Can you suggest another way to put all the fans?

Also would this be suffice for the splitter.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Computer-Converter-Sleeved-Braided-Black/dp/B01N1Z3FYD/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1549971778&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=2+way+splitter+fan&psc=1

I would keep them connected to the pump headers. And for the other fans on the radiator, have them linked to the coolant temperature as well. You'll want a custom fan curve to balance them.

And push/pull won't really increase your intake. It does make the flow through the radiator a little more efficient and they don't have to spin as fast (so quieter) but from an air volume perspective, it doesn't increase the volume.

So i dont really need a splitter then as i can connect the 5 fans to the commander pro, how would i have the 2 ll140 fans linked to the coolant temp as well mate? use a splitter on the pump headers?

thank you again mate

On the Commander Pro, go to Performace and then click the + symbol below. That will create a new “cooling mode”. This is your custom curve. Set the points to match your cooler’s curve. At the top of the graph is a sensor drop down menu. Find Coolant temp (H115i Platinum temperature). The last bit is the trick: click on your new cooling mode curve. It will highlight yellow. Then click the two fans on the right you want to run that curve. They will ring yellow. Now the curve is applied. iCUE has to be running for it to take the coolant temp data from the cooler.

Archived